Single 12" recommendation for a Q50

Clevelander

Hey all, getting back into the car audio game, it's been YEARS. I'm looking for just a single 12 setup to go in my 2017 Infiniti Q50. I would prioritize SQ over loudness, though a combo of both is preferred of course. I'm thinking $300-350 max for the sub alone. Thoughts? Thanks

Hey all, getting back into the car audio game, it's been YEARS. I'm looking for just a single 12 setup to go in my 2017 Infiniti Q50. I would prioritize SQ over loudness, though a combo of both is preferred of course. I'm thinking $300-350 max for the sub alone. Thoughts? Thanks
Ebay still has a few of the rf built mb quart pwe302, d2 3inch voice coil. for $240 per. They are rated at 600wrms, and they were some of the best sq subs in there era. The specs call for 1cuft sealed, ported was not recommended.

How much power are you planning on putting to it?

I just finished putting a sub in my Q50
https://www.caraudio.com/threads/2015-infiniti-q50.607606/
The problem is under the carpet in the trunk is a anti sway bar that goes across 25-30" from the back seats
So you lose about 6" of height which I believe maxed me out at 13"
I have 2 DD 2512's and 2 DD 3512's here and I opted to go with 1 DD 3510 because of space. Also because it was here already too.

Without knowing what kind of amp you're running it's hard to recommend a sub
I can tell you right now the stock batteries are ****, it's 150 amp alt so that's not too bad but big 3 for sure
If your doing SQ then a DSP over an LOC

Maybe a pair of 8's or 6.5s in a 4th would work better. That Skipass looks like it should be used to me. The 12" idea may be pushing it unless you want to modify the car, 10's may be too big unless 1 is used. If what others say about the height available is true that sux... but a 4th might be the answer and don't discount smaller subs. They can put out.

I just finished putting a sub in my Q50
https://www.caraudio.com/threads/2015-infiniti-q50.607606/
The problem is under the carpet in the trunk is a anti sway bar that goes across 25-30" from the back seats
So you lose about 6" of height which I believe maxed me out at 13"
I have 2 DD 2512's and 2 DD 3512's here and I opted to go with 1 DD 3510 because of space. Also because it was here already too.

Without knowing what kind of amp you're running it's hard to recommend a sub
I can tell you right now the stock batteries are ****, it's 150 amp alt so that's not too bad but big 3 for sure
If your doing SQ then a DSP over an LOC

Thanks for sharing. So you're saying a 12" would be difficult, if not impossible to do in the Q50 trunk?

Thanks for sharing. So you're saying a 12" would be difficult, if not impossible to do in the Q50 trunk?
Nothing is impossible if you set your mind to it
However it will make life a whole lot easier if you go with 10/s
Like I said I have 4 12" subs at my house right now and I opted to use the 10"
Took measurements of my box
My floor sits directly on top of the bar that runs across meaning it can go no lower
My box is 12" high
At the front of the trunk where it meets the back seats it is wedged top to bottom.
I literally had to crawl in the trunk and use my legs to get it in that last inch or two
Once you get to where the lid of the trunk starts you have 13-14 inches so if you are really determined to use a 12 you could make the box slant or have like an L shape to the top of it but then that makes calculating the port a bit tricky and IDK how the sub would sound with a wall that close to the back of it

7-800w? On that lower power I think a nice set of Idq-8's in a 4th would do great.

Would something like this fit in that Q50?

KoWj2B.jpg

It went into a Lexus iirc and did very well on a 1K amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...