Ssa Icon 12”

Participant count
  • Participants list

Ridinhi
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Ok, I think I’ve decided on an icon 12. For anyone who has run one, what size box did you use? I have 1200 watts on tap. I may be underpowered the sub but I’m fine with that. Will be in a single cab truck. And would a 6” aero port work fine?

Still unsure on tuning but likely 32 or so. I’ll likely put it on a 2k amp but might try out my US Acoustics Mike first to see how I like it

Still unsure on tuning but likely 32 or so. I’ll likely put it on a 2k amp but might try out my US Acoustics Mike first to see how I like it
I did some messing around seeing how a 6” port will do, I’m coming up with a 2 cube box with a port that’s around 27” long. No space for that. I’ll get with Buck and see if I can make a square/rectangle external port or something

Do the bigger side if you under power. Those woofers have progressive suspensions and will handle that well. They move more at lower power, from my experience, but also don't bottom out easily, because the spiders get stiffer as the cone moves further away from its resting center.

A 6" aero might work, might be a little big. That's 28 in^2 roughly. I'd only do a 6" aero if you were going to run the 2-2.1 cubes. That'll be 13-14 in^2 per cube, which is really good for those woofers. The port will be very long, though. You could just buy 6" pvc, the flare with that much port area isn't needed, if you do a 6" diameter round port.

Do the bigger side if you under power. Those woofers have progressive suspensions and will handle that well. They move more at lower power, from my experience, but also don't bottom out easily, because the spiders get stiffer as the cone moves further away from its resting center.

A 6" aero might work, might be a little big. That's 28 in^2 roughly. I'd only do a 6" aero if you were going to run the 2-2.1 cubes. That'll be 13-14 in^2 per cube, which is really good for those woofers. The port will be very long, though. You could just buy 6" pvc, the flare with that much port area isn't needed, if you do a 6" diameter round port.
I like the sound of that Buck, just not sure how to fit a long port into the equation. What if I were to got around 1.8cubes? Would a smaller diameter port be sufficient?

I like the sound of that Buck, just not sure how to fit a long port into the equation. What if I were to got around 1.8cubes? Would a smaller diameter port be sufficient?

More than likely, yes. But I'd have to see. You may have to balance the length of the port with the surface area and how it physically fits.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...