simple speaker wiring (adapter?)

usenet4life
10+ year member

gta, on
I am purchasing some new speakers, (infinity 6010cs) to replace my stock speakers. The new speakers just have two prongs (look like scoops) and my current speakers have plugs, here is pic:

My question is, can I buy an adapter, or can I just splice the wires somehow? HOw do I do it, there are 4 wires (I belive), and only two prongs? The most important thing I don't know is which wire goes where.

Thanks.

I'm not sure what you guys mean still as if I cut off the plug, 4 wires would be sticking out. There is only only 1 spade lug connection in the speaker . SO how do I make the connection? WHich wires go where?

It does not come with tweeters, but there are tweeter grills and there is another cable with a tiny plug taped to the door right behind the grill is so I guess it is for the tweeter.

Could be there was an amp strapped to the back of the speaker as well.

Try hooking up one set and then the other to the speaker and see which sounds best to you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.