simple question. would this work?

Participant count
  • Participant list
even though the speaker is 250 RMS max and the amp will put out 380 RMS at 4 ohms bridged?
yes , it is actually better to have more power than needed on tap end result is NO DISTORTION. The correct way to do this is to set the gain knob so that the amp doesn't over power the subwoofer.
gimme a sec and i will post links on how to do this properly

Unhook the sub from the amplifier. Play a 50HZ tone on repeat at 3/4 volume on the head unit. Make sure all the bass/treble/EQ settings on the deck are set to flat or 0. Take your voltmeter to the trunk and set it on "AC volts" , turn your gain knob up slowly till you reach the voltage listed in the chart below for a 250 watt RMS output. Make sure to connect the meter leads to the 2 terminals marked BRIDGED on the amp while you are tuning it in. After you set the voltage correctly , hook your sub back up and enjoy your system.

Here are the tones. http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/index.php/downloads/sine-waves.raw?task=callelement&item_id=49&element=f14d9def-43c2-449d-98ed-757b42b85516&method=download

And here is the chart

RMSchart.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.