Intermittent thumping from subwoofer while coasting down the road.

cameron1994

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello, just installed a Line output converter and added a mono 600watt amp powering a single jlwv3 12. Both the sub and amp work properly as i took them out of my other car. While coasting down the road the subwoofer picks up these frequencies and it always happens. I can make the sub thump based on my throttle input. No input it’s thumping and I’ll hit the gas and it’s gone. I’ve tested my ground on the amplifier and the converter ground both good. I changed my rca cables still same issue. This is on a (2006 Honda odyssey touring) All of my connections are good, I unplugged the input to the amplifier and the sound goes away. If i turn the gain up the thumping is louder and get quieter when gain is turn down. Any ideas….. it seems like the sub/amp system picks up vibrations coming from my suspension almost. My car does have bad wheel bearings so that contributes to a vibration feeling throughout the car and steering wheel along with the pedals. When the sub starts to thumb it’s almost like it’s picking up the subtle vibrations in the vehicle and then playing them through the car. if I’m going slow and thumping occurs it seems to matche my RPM speed. if I’m going on the highway the thumping noise picks up as the engine speed does. something somewhere is causing the amp and a sub system to pick up vibrations coming from my car if I turn the volume off if something still happens while coasting down the road. If I unplug the RCA’s it’s gone. Any ideas??

Not sure if you ever figured this out but I read on the Honda Odyssey forum it may actually be coming from the VCM kicking in. This would make sense as you say it goes away when you're accelerating. Does the thumping coincide with your ECO light coming on?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...