Should i change tweeter locations? 08 dodge ram 1500

JoshC
10+ year member

The Taco MASTA
Houston, tx
As of right now my tweeters are in my dash in the factory 3.5in spot. But its almost summer which means 100degree weather, and im worried since the dash gets direct sunlight there going to get all dried out(silk domes) and very hot.

Also since they are in the dash the sound reflects off the window. Which from what ive gathered causes reflections that change the sound wave causing them to become out of phase. Im trying to do a real SQ front stage. I have 25sq foot of AT in my doors and plan on sealing up the holes with tin soon, set will be CDT HD61's on an eclipse 85x4.

Do i have a good reason to move then or do you think there fine up there? I believe of i move them, im going to put them on the door like this or possibly on top but same spot. Basically same location but i dont to cut the hole out for the tweet. I considered spheres but i dont want to drill holes in my pillar

DSCN0569.jpg

I moved my tweeters off the dash firing into the windshield in my 2004 Honda Pilot. Moved them on the door panel about 8" on top off the mid and it really made a big difference in the sound, really seamless sounding and got rid of the reflection. You have to decide on what kind of "damage" you want to do with your vehicle, cut a hole in door panel or drill a hole in A-pillar for a sphere. Experiment with many different locations first, drive with them in one spot for awhile, then put them somewhere else. It really depends on the amount of time and effort you want to dedicate to your install.

I moved my tweeters off the dash firing into the windshield in my 2004 Honda Pilot. Moved them on the door panel about 8" on top off the mid and it really made a big difference in the sound, really seamless sounding and got rid of the reflection. You have to decide on what kind of "damage" you want to do with your vehicle, cut a hole in door panel or drill a hole in A-pillar for a sphere. Experiment with many different locations first, drive with them in one spot for awhile, then put them somewhere else. It really depends on the amount of time and effort you want to dedicate to your install.
That makes sense, i think im going to double sided tape them there and if i like it ill cut the hole. Not sure how i could test the sphere position lol

I've always liked mine in the a-pillars, but you said you don't want to cut a hole in them so...
Well i mean if push comes to pull im going to put them in the best possible harmonic position. Where on the pillar do you prefer?

Do you mean the sphere or pvc cap setup or actually in the pillar

buy pillars off of ebay, problem solved.
Yea but there a bill for a set, and the angle dosnt even look that ideal.(guessing your talking about the factory ones with pods on them for gauges or tweets, regardless the stock one would be a bill for a set)

But look at these http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-08-DODGE-RAM-GRAY-SINGLE-52mm-GAUGE-A-PILLAR-POD-/290694385393?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2008%7CMake%3ADodge%7CModel%3ARam+1500%7CSubmodel%3AST&hash=item43aebc4ef1&vxp=mtr#ht_3797wt_1253

Wondering if thoughs would work well

Yea but there a bill for a set, and the angle dosnt even look that ideal.(guessing your talking about the factory ones with pods on them for gauges or tweets)
He is saying buy the stocks ones and cut them up, and keep your originals if you sell the vehicle

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.