should i build a different box for my sa8 v2's??

Participant count
  • Participant list

skippy90210
10+ year member

ramey, PA
I just am deciding to build I nicer box for my 8s and throw a bigger amp on them, so I have a bunch more questions now haha

1. how much port area should I use for 4 sa8 v2's(right now I have 51sqin)

2.should I make my box with more cu ft inside maybe like 3.5-4 cuft(right now its right around the recommended of .75^3 per sub so 3 cu ft all together)

3.i want to hit the low notes harder so should I tune it around 32hz(box is right around 36hz now) also I am getting a sq2200d instead of my saz1500d

what does everyone think?

I've seen what your working with. New box try to have everything face the rear (subs and port) or everything face into the cabin but facing them into the cabin you have to seal the trunk off. For all four 8's I would look for more power 3000-3500 watts is what I would throw at them.

I've seen what your working with. New box try to have everything face the rear (subs and port) or everything face into the cabin but facing them into the cabin you have to seal the trunk off. For all four 8's I would look for more power 3000-3500 watts is what I would throw at them.
okay well im sure i could arrange that but i listen to my system for over an hour sometimes would 3500w be too much on them for daily

also what about the rest of my questions^ i am going to have the port and all 4 subs on the same side towards the trunk like you said

i just need to know about the rest of the box, i do know that if im throwing 3500w at them i need to not make the box too big because that will make them not handle the power as well correct?

okay well im sure i could arrange that but i listen to my system for over an hour sometimes would 3500w be too much on them for daily
also what about the rest of my questions^ i am going to have the port and all 4 subs on the same side towards the trunk like you said

i just need to know about the rest of the box, i do know that if im throwing 3500w at them i need to not make the box too big because that will make them not handle the power as well correct?
Everyone seems to have their own idea of what makes a good box. I think 3 cubes net for all three and the port I would use winisd for the port size. I've read that the sav2 dont like low tuning, dont know how true it is but I wouldn't go lower than 32hz. As far as power goes they are rated 500rms each, I would trow more than that at them.

Everyone seems to have their own idea of what makes a good box. I think 3 cubes net for all three and the port I would use winisd for the port size. I've read that the sav2 dont like low tuning, dont know how true it is but I wouldn't go lower than 32hz. As far as power goes they are rated 500rms each, I would trow more than that at them.
remember i have 4 subs not 3 so you would suggest 4cubes after all dissplacements? and i wasnt going to go any lower then 32hz to begin with but i get confused with ports,

how much port area for 4 cubes (if thats what i go with)

also does the less port area mean lower tuning and more = higher tuning?

i wanted to have my box so there is a port centered on the bottom of the box with 2 subs above it and a sub on both sides of it.

the dimensions i was gonna use is 15h 35w and depth as my variable probably around 18-20'' have my port be 15'' x 4'' but idk how long it would need to be to make it 32hz

I got 1 measly 12 tuned to 32hz in a 2.48 cf enclosure and it gets down. For the rest of my trunk setups I will be doing sub back, port back. Just can't beat it.

Gains barely up and I got mirror flex. Doing slight paper tricks.

as for the subs, you should do .8cf ea so 3.2cf total tuned to 32hz since you want more low end.

More port area = higher tuning and the length of the port determines the actual tuning. The bigger the box, the more port area, and longer the port has to be to achieve a given lower tuning.

Smaller box = less port area, and shorter the port for a lower tuning.

Just gotta play with it and see

I got 1 measly 12 tuned to 32hz in a 2.48 cf enclosure and it gets down. For the rest of my trunk setups I will be doing sub back, port back. Just can't beat it.
Gains barely up and I got mirror flex. Doing slight paper tricks.

as for the subs, you should do .8cf ea so 3.2cf total tuned to 32hz since you want more low end.

More port area = higher tuning and the length of the port determines the actual tuning. The bigger the box, the more port area, and longer the port has to be to achieve a given lower tuning.

Smaller box = less port area, and shorter the port for a lower tuning.

Just gotta play with it and see
that helped a lot thank you so much i will probably just build it like you mentioned ill be back on for any more questions thanks everyone!!

i did my own little design for a box and want to know what you think

heres a link to that thread

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/enclosure-design-construction-help/603522-sub-box-4-sa-8-v2s-design-okay.html

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.