should i amp the type r's

Participant count
  • Participant list

Deuce
10+ year member

I recently ordered a Alpine Type-R 136A 5.25" component system. They handle 40 watts RMS. Should i amp them with a 40 watt RMS alpine amp or a 45 watt kicker amp or should i not amp them at all and just let them run off my pioneer HU? Tweets will be mounted on A-pillars and 5.25 in the doors.

I recently ordered a Alpine Type-R 136A 5.25" component system. They handle 40 watts RMS. Should i amp them with a 40 watt RMS alpine amp or a 45 watt kicker amp or should i not amp them at all and just let them run off my pioneer HU? Tweets will be mounted on A-pillars and 5.25 in the doors.
having an amp for speakers are way better than just having the radio powering them. first it sounds heela better with an amp, second it takes away the strain from your headunit. notice that the headunit filkers or blinks when the bass hits, its coz the radio is being stressed.

I do not know if that is the best thing to do to mount tweeter as close to the woofer like that. The whole purpose of compents is to be able to mount the tweeter where u want it.

I understand the purpose of components.....i install them almost daily. You can "mount the tweeter where you want it." But in alot of cases closest to the woofer (midbass) with give the best imaging with less separation (depending on vehicle.)

Oh, and "mounting the tweeter wherever you want it" isn't the "whole purpose" of components.

I understand the purpose of components.....i install them almost daily. You can "mount the tweeter where you want it." But in alot of cases closest to the woofer (midbass) with give the best imaging with less separation (depending on vehicle.)
Oh, and "mounting the tweeter wherever you want it" isn't the "whole purpose" of components.

true very true, I did not mean that was the soul purpose of them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.