which 6x9ers?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I had the 3-way kappas. I ran them on my Alpine CDA-9815 which has 60wx4/27rmsx4. The speaker itself can take 110 rms and id reccomend you get close to that number. IF you don't run an amp to these speakers they won't get nearly as loud and the bass sounds really shitty in the higher volume levels. Don't get me wrong, the speakers are VERY nice and high quality even without an amp..but Id imagine you wanting to have your windows down and them blasting so get an amp. BTW...unless you dont plan to have subs in your car i wouldnt get 6x9's..id rather have 6.5's in the front..or get some components. Either way..these speakers are really nice.

actually the 3 way 6x9s were the infinity reference and the kappas were 2 way, i was asking which way would be better. and yes i will be amping them, and yes i will be having subs.

overlooked that part...anyways i'd go with the 2 way kappa's...and if u really want 3 ways the kappa 3 ways arent to much more the nthe 2-way. You will notice a difference between the two, but if you take the 2 way's power em with an amp u will be straight. If these are the only source of tweeters you will be having then id spend a little extra and get the 3-way kappas. The ref. are still nice..but if u want the better SQ n such...kappa is your best bet. All depeneds on what you want to spend.

I have a pair of Infinity Kappa 6x9 3-ways (http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=inf6935i&store=&rpc=4047&catid=360) I'm selling. They were used for about 3 months, being powered by an HU. There are no grills. I have the original warranty card that came with it, along with the order form from eTronics if you want that. $60 plus S/H. PM me if you're interested.

Oh yeah, one of the female terminals on the wire snapped, but it still works fine with a little electrical tape. It can be easily replaced/soldered, but for an extra $10 I can do it for you.

kappa1.txt

kappa2.txt

kappa3.txt

kappa4.txt

kappa5.txt

Are they truly sold now? If not I might take em. And hotown...go on ebay for a 1500d...you can get one for 292 shipped.

Oh and BTW the 28th was my bday (the day you got your car) next year let's celebrate the greatest day on earth //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif. Chevy is sweet too. Go kill some fords.

- pe@ce

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Doberdad

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Doberdad
gb wi
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date