Short circuit: fuse blown?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Golitan11

Canada
I just installed my Big 3 with a 250A fuse on the alternator positive to battery positive wire and when I screwed my battery terminal (positive), my tool touched the negative terminal and it did a lot of sparkles. But, I had the time to remove the tool very quickly because I got scared so it touched the terminal like 0.1 second. My question is did my fuse blew (in your opinion)? Thanks.

P.S. I can't see the fuse and the holder is really screwed and I kept the factory wires so I cannot know if it blew because I still have current anyway.

If your tool touched directly between the positive battery terminal and the negative battery terminal and only between those two points, then you very likely did NOT blow any fuses.

Odds are it didn't blow the fuse if it was between the terminals. I had the same thing happen to me when I was doing something with my battery (can't remember what it was, long time ago). I had to use a pliers of some sort to unscrew the terminal because it had been stripped off by the previous owner and the tool sprang open and touched both terminals temporarily. Scared the bajezus out of me but had no adverse side effects. It won't hurt to take a look, though. If you have a phone with a video camera with flash they can be used like a snake camera to see a spot you couldn't normally see, like I've used my iPhone to see the spark plugs on the back side of the transverse V8 in my car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.