Shok wire is the real deal!

As an installer, I refuse to deal with shitty wire. This includes wire that is not flexible, that has a tough jacket that isn't very flexible and is more plastic like.

The KLMX is ****, used it once for a customer, refuse to use it again. The Shok industries wire is GREAT, it has the best of both worlds. Great price, great current handling, and flexible. So, all other things equal, why would you not want a more flexible wire? That's ignorant. Not to mention, the Shok Wire itself on paper performs slightly better.

nG

As an installer, I refuse to deal with shitty wire. This includes wire that is not flexible, that has a tough jacket that isn't very flexible and is more plastic like.
The KLMX is ****, used it once for a customer, refuse to use it again. The Shok industries wire is GREAT, it has the best of both worlds. Great price, great current handling, and flexible. So, all other things equal, why would you not want a more flexible wire? That's ignorant. Not to mention, the Shok Wire itself on paper performs slightly better.

nG
Exactly. Im well aware no one has ever had to tie a knot in their 0 gauge for routing, just giving an example of the flexibility. Ive dealt w installing KLMX many times and i would MUCH MUCH rather have installed the shok which ismuch more flexible and easy to route.

nG
I've still yet to see any proof of that...

I agree with this 100%.. you might not need to tie power wire in knots but flexability can be important when routing wire through amp racks ect..

With that said I don't even know why anyone would bother with aluminum wire.. Ill stick with my copper 4/0.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

seen this wire in person not so impressed looked like welding cable to me rebadged and thick jacket..

Unless somebody managed to bring the wire to Kentucky within the past 3 days or so since people started receiving their orders....then no you haven't seen this wire in person. I would know as I was responsible for shipping it out and no orders were sent anywhere remotely close to where you are. This stuff is WAY different than the old Shok 4707 CCA if that's what you're thinking of. The 4707 CCA and the new Reference CCA aren't quite comparable at all.

I'll also disregard your second follow-up comment since your actual experience with it is likely non-existent...

all i know is it was black and said shok on it and it may be the older stuff but just wasnt impressed as it was highly hyped up also and a let down to me some may love it but not me goodluck though and keep improving it i may try it one day though.

all i know is it was black and said shok on it and it may be the older stuff but just wasnt impressed as it was highly hyped up also and a let down to me some may love it but not me goodluck though and keep improving it i may try it one day though.
There was no black wire in this production run. You are referring to the old 4707. No worries if you didn't like that one. Give the new stuff a try - it's a lot different, improved heavily.

Yeah i may but after the big hype around that one then the huge disappointment i will have to wait and see some again if anyone around here buys any then i may..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.