Shok wire is the real deal!

Is there any proof of this? KLMX is 250A, Shok is 260A, a negligible difference.
And I've never had a problem with the flexibility of KLMX, I don't know how flexible Shok is because I've never used it so I can't compare. But I know I wouldn't pay extra just for added flexibility, as long as it's flexible enough to go where you need it to, why does it matter in the long run?

Not trying to rain on the Shok parade, but it's like everyone is acting like they just reinvented the wheel or something...
Are you kidding me? The flexibility of KNU KLMX is so shi*ty.

Your cost of the $87 doesn't include the shipping either, so you are looking at the same price as the Shok.

IIRC, the Knu is rated at 15ft, while the Shok is rated at either 18 or 20 ft. But I wouldnt have any worries sending more through the Shok //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Here check out this video on the flexabilty

First post

Shok Industries 1/0 CCA wire thread. Post your pics/vids - Car Audio Classifieds
Knu doesn't say anything about it's rating per length, but it does say that anything under 20ft will perform the same as OFC. And why do you say you think you can run more power through it? That's not exactly scientific evidence, that's just you thinking one is better than the other. I could say I wouldn't have a problem running more power through KLMX but that doesn't mean that it's better or it will work.

Are you kidding me? The flexibility of KNU KLMX is so shi*ty.
Your cost of the $87 doesn't include the shipping either, so you are looking at the same price as the Shok.
They didn't specify if that 100$ included shipping or not. And yes I agree the prices are similar, which is why I'm not impressed with this wire. It's the same product for the same price. And like I said before, I had no problem with the flexibility. I ran it where it needed to run and haven't touched it since. It's not like it can't bend around corners...

why does everyone think wire is only good if you can try it in a knot??

is that how people install amps now? Knots in the wire???

ive never ran into such a tight spot,that I had to cry like a girl like everyone on here does

wire is wire, as long as it is the same or close to the same size

voltage and current will fluctuate GREATLY. You cant do math and be perfect on numbers

why does everyone think wire is only good if you can try it in a knot??
is that how people install amps now? Knots in the wire???

ive never ran into such a tight spot,that I had to cry like a girl like everyone on here does

wire is wire, as long as it is the same or close to the same size

voltage and current will fluctuate GREATLY. You cant do math and be perfect on numbers
That's kind of what I was getting at. I've never had wire that was so unflexable that it prevented me from doing something in my install...

I will chime in and say that I am running the KLMX and its a ***** running wires in my car (93 stealth/3000gt)

Running it by the back seats and around to the d block i wish it was more flexible. Not so bad that I would want to take it out and re run everything again lol.

Only reason I would run Shok is the color red...which I believe only candy apple red (which is pretty sweet) is offered on kno for the flexx wire...or else i would go with that. The flex is a bit out of my needs and price range. Kudos to shok for getting off the ground though.

Even if shok was the same thing as knu (even though we just saw shok has its own advantages) then it wouldnt matter which you went with.

omg the flexibility!

During an installation, I don't think i ever had to tie any of my power wire in a knot or coil them around something tightly, but that's cool.

and why care about the color of the wire? Loom is my favorite color for wire //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

omg the flexibility!
During an installation, I don't think i ever had to tie any of my power wire in a knot or coil them around something tightly, but that's cool.
Dude you didn't know? Tying your wire in a knot adds db's!

Honestly, my KLMX has suited my needs just fine, like it has already been said, im not tying knots in my wire. I dont need something that i could hang someone with, i just need something that will move some power and my KLMX does that. It looks like nice wire but untill the price is revolutionary, im sticking with Knu.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.