Share your Apine frequency settings

Participant count
  • Participant list
My sub is also tuned up pretty good. I've missed having a sub over the last 20 years. What are you crossing your mids at. Thanks for the reply
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
My mids are high passed at 100hz and low passed at 5khz. My tweets are 5khz and up. I'm not an SQ guy as Jeff pointed out though, so other people probably won't agree with how I do things. It's probably not ideal for you

Thats only the rule for SPL guys. Most SQ people take advantage of both cuts and boosts, they dont max out all the times like spl guys tend to do. It really helps the soundstage width, depth and details when you are on an SQ tune. Dabble in the SQ world and comps, you'll see their EQ all over the place. Though its not like they are boosting 6 to 12 db or something. Just minor boosts here and there to make a proper curve.
Yeah, I'm full tilt most of the time. I just turn it down when I'm going through residential areas and at stoplights. After I get my substage maxed out, I'll focus on front stage curve

My mids are high passed at 100hz and low passed at 5khz. My tweets are 5khz and up. I'm not an SQ guy as Jeff pointed out though, so other people probably won't agree with how I do things. It's probably not ideal for you

Yeah, I'm full tilt most of the time. I just turn it down when I'm going through residential areas and at stoplights. After I get my substage maxed out, I'll focus on front stage curve
Actually I find it interesting what everybody's settings are. I did realize your settings aren't for sq but still very interesting. I actually have my sub overpowering everything right now. Need to turn my amp gain down a little but really like the pop it has. I'm still amazed at what I can get out of 1-10inch. I know your probably laughing about that last comment. Fwiw back in 89 I had 8-15's in my truck. Used to love building walls. I've never been a competitor but did enjoy the hobby.

Actually I find it interesting what everybody's settings are. I did realize your settings aren't for sq but still very interesting. I actually have my sub overpowering everything right now. Need to turn my amp gain down a little but really like the pop it has. I'm still amazed at what I can get out of 1-10inch. I know your probably laughing about that last comment. Fwiw back in 89 I had 8-15's in my truck. Used to love building walls. I've never been a competitor but did enjoy the hobby.
Nice, I like my subs to be the loudest part of my system too. I usually set gains like this:

With my subs disconnected, I set my mids/higs to their maximum clean power. Then I connect my subs. I watch my power supply voltage, listen, and use my nose to set gains for my sub. I don't use my o-scope for sub gains anymore. I feel like you can usually get more out of the amp if you understand its limits. After having a system installed for a few weeks, you generally get a sense for what a save volume is. It varies with the type of music. After I set my substage for maximum volume, I lower the mids or highs gains so they blend to sound best to me

Crossover points are speaker and install defendant.

Ideally for a 2 way plus sub you want

Sub 20-63

Mid 80-2200

Tweeter 2500-up

You don't want to play a 6.5 past 2500 and some tweeters won't go lower than 5000.

Crossover points are speaker and install defendant. Ideally for a 2 way plus sub you want

Sub 20-63

Mid 80-2200

Tweeter 2500-up

You don't want to play a 6.5 past 2500 and some tweeters won't go lower than 5000.
My Sundown neopro mids are fine crossed at 5k. They're stiff and light PA though. Not rubber-surround 6.5 component mids

Crossover points are speaker and install defendant. Ideally for a 2 way plus sub you want

Sub 20-63

Mid 80-2200

Tweeter 2500-up

Been thinking hard about adding a crossover. It is part of the puzzle for SQ.

My Sundown neopro mids are fine crossed at 5k. They're stiff and light PA though. Not rubber-surround 6.5 component mids
They are not fine but they work for you. It's about the cone area size and dispersion. Beaming. The field narrows faster the more cone area the speaker has.

Sub 20-63

Mid 80-2200

Tweeter 2500-up

Also been thinking about speaker placement and soundproofing. Crossover can only do so much. Thanks for sharing your crossover points.

Also been thinking about speaker placement and soundproofing. Crossover can only do so much. Thanks for sharing your crossover points.
Speaker placement is not that important anymore with today's DSP tech.

Speaker placement is not that important anymore with today's DSP tech.
Just not real crazy about the tweets firing across the dash at each other. What kind of DSP can you recommend with my current set up. Running comps in the front. Coax in the rear. And my sub. Sounds like I need to dump the coax in rear and just run mids.

Just not real crazy about the tweets firing across the dash at each other. What kind of DSP can you recommend with my current set up. Running comps in the front. Coax in the rear. And my sub. Sounds like I need to dump the coax in rear and just run mids.
If you want to keep the rears you need something with upmixer surround sound.

Alpine H800 and JBL MS-8 are the only options

If you want 2 way plus sub only. Audison bit ten

If you want 3 way plus sub. Helix DSP

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.