Share your Apine frequency settings

Participant count
  • Participant list
Been messing around with my trebble and bass frequency settings on my alpine HU. The more I jack with it more I can't decide. I know every system is going to sound different but please share anyway. I'm running alpine spr60 comps with a jl xd1000/5 providing the juice. Amp is crossed over at 70 for the hpF about half gain. My current HU tebble frequency set at 12.5 and +3. The trebble at 12.5 just sounds little more real. As far as insturments what am i missing at 10,12.5,15,17.5??My HU bass is at 60 at +2. I'm happy with the bass but the trebble I'm back and fourth on. Just curious to what everybody's preferences are. Thanks for yalls input.

Trebel and bass are both at zero for me. Don't boost them.

Subwoofer level is at 15 out of 15 for me, low-passed at 80. My mids/highs are run active with my Ampere 125.4's settings

you can use EQ to boost, nothing wrong with that. just keep the boost reasonable.

the reason you like a high frequency boost may be due to the aiming of the speakers/tweeters. if tweeters are aimed at your face, you may want to cut treble frequencies.

no one can tell you what to adjust for EQ without hearing it (or maybe seeing RTA graphs). trust your ears and use source material with natural instruments. even if you don't listen to Jazz, you can use it to tune the system so instruments sound natural.

WeYes your right about the highs. They are in the a pillar which is the stock location for the tahoe...shooting across the dash. The hpF and lpf are both off on my HU using the amp for cutoff. So with that said I guess I'm running the tweeters passive even though the mids are active off the amp. For the past week I had the trebble at 17.5 +1 on the HU which is considered flat I guess for my set up. just been playing a little seeing if I can get little more out of them. Been sitting in the driveway listening to some texas blues and jazz all night hiding from 5 grandkids. Lol. Also looked at some kick panel pods earlier. Thinking about making that mod.The one thing I am dissatisfied with is the vocals. Little lacking for my taste. Hopefully cetering things up will help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well downloaded a rta analyzer on my phone don't really know how accurate it is ecspecially with the sub about 10ft behind me. I could use some tuning but little limited as far as the reciever goes.
2de8d87e3dc9a8585740ca2c59913367.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Well downloaded a rta analyzer on my phone don't really know how accurate it is ecspecially with the sub about 10ft behind me. I could use some tuning but little limited as far as the reciever goes.
2de8d87e3dc9a8585740ca2c59913367.jpg

Looks like my curve is going the wrong way. Lol

With the tweeters off axis, you will like having boost above 15kHz.
Great vocals require a ton of effort with acoustical treatments in the doors. My build log has a lot of info.

Rich V.
Yes I saw your log couple days ago. I was planning on doing some more work on the doors. I actually have some sound dampening here but after having the tahoe down for a week I really needed her back together for a trip. Also thinking about moving the tweeters to the sail panel. I'll probably also adjust the crossover when that is done. Probably next weekend. Right now the wife wants her new deck in stalled in her truck this week. A lot has changed in the last 20 years in car audio. I still miss my phoenix gold 2125. Even though it is outdated now it was a beast back in the day.

Subwoofer level is at 15 out of 15 for me, low-passed at 80. My mids/highs are run active with my Ampere 125.4's settings
My sub is also tuned up pretty good. I've missed having a sub over the last 20 years. What are you crossing your mids at. Thanks for the reply

Thats only the rule for SPL guys. Most SQ people take advantage of both cuts and boosts, they dont max out all the times like spl guys tend to do. It really helps the soundstage width, depth and details when you are on an SQ tune. Dabble in the SQ world and comps, you'll see their EQ all over the place. Though its not like they are boosting 6 to 12 db or something. Just minor boosts here and there to make a proper curve.

In regards to the RTA, your phone is inaccurate below 200Hz due to the wind filter.
Rich V.
Figured it wasn't all that accurate but was fun playing around with it. Though my neighborsthink I'm crazy with the pink noise going and my tinfoil hat on.

Pretty much. If you could just flip it around it would be a good start. But if you are using the phones mic to get this reading it's not accurate.
Thanks for that. I figured it wasn't but some fun jacking with it a little. It's all a learning experience. I figured I had little more low end.

Thanks for the replies knowledge and insight. I know some of these questions have been posted in older posts so I was tryng to get a fresh perspective going. I spent about 2000 on equipment and parts and I know that's only a drop in the bucket for alot of guys on here. Just trying to get my head around all this new technology. Its amazing what the HU can do these days.with all that being said I just want the best sound I can get. Thanks again

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.