Shallow Subwoofers

Participant count
  • Participants list
I'll be purchasing a Ford Maverick with the worst sounding stock system I've ever heard so I will be upgrading. It has 2 spaces under each side of the truck under the rear seat with room for about a 0.65 cu ft ea. I was thinking about going with a pair of Sundown 8" SD-4's wired down to 1ohm. Are there any other woofers you guys would recommend for a seal box? Also what would you recommend for a amp?

Last edited:

What is your budget?Stock HU? Stock Alternator and battery?

I forgot to say 8" only 10's won't fit. Right now it'll have to be the stock head unit until some company comes out with something that can replace it. I'll probably upgrade the battery and do the big 3, I think alt. will be ok. I'll also be installing a pair of Stevens 6.5 Components need amp for that also. Just checked this out for the components. Like the size of both amps https://www.ctsounds.com/products/ct-150-4d

I forgot to say 8" only 10's won't fit. Right now it'll have to be the stock head unit until some company comes out with something that can replace it. I'll probably upgrade the battery and do the big 3, I think alt. will be ok. I'll also be installing a pair of Stevens 6.5 Components need amp for that also. Just checked this out for the components. Like the size of both amps https://www.ctsounds.com/products/ct-150-4d
I have that amplifier along with a pair of 2ks(running only 1 atm on a temp setup).Its a great little amp. just a tad smaller than one of my PPI Phantom 900.4and a hair larger than my 600.2. Has plenty of power and sounds really clean for the $. Might look at the 8" subs that CT Sounds has to offer also?

Attachments

• 20220210_004957 (3).jpg
    20220210_004957 (3).jpg
    712.8 KB · Views: 12
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...