Shallow subwoofer questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

Russianog
10+ year member

SoCal
Hey guys,

I have a couple questions I was hoping I could find the solution for here.

My music preference is Hip Hop, EDM (hardstyle, house, dubstep, etc) and reggae.

I'm looking to outfit a 2015 Toyota Camry Hybid SE with a subwoofer and unfortunately I need the trunk space, so that's my reason for going shallow mount.

I know I'll be sacrificing going that route but I'm looking for the best sacrifice to make.

Spending budget is very flexible so feel free to suggest the best product (with reason, if it's making a 2% difference but costs 200$ more, it's inefficient)

My two size considerations are 10" and 12" and the two specific shallow mount subs I've been looking at are the JL tw3 series and the Pioneer TS-SW3002S4/d4

I was impressed by what reviewers said in terms of the excursion on the JL and I'm wondering how the pioneer sizes up to it. Will there be a significant noticeable difference? Enough to warrant 150$ more for the sub?

I used to own two 12w7 subs and they were setup as blow through in my truck. I loved the output and quality of the bass.

Which of those two sizes will also be better for my music preference. I know the 10 inch will be punchier and more responsive which helps with high BPM songs but how big of a real difference will it make?

I would also like to hear about how well some of the other brands compete with these two models (sundown, Rockford, etc..)

And alas if any of you have any amp recommendations to allow this/these subs to run optimally, I would appreciate it!

I really appreciate the help, thanks guys!

PS, I live in the Bay Area and if anyone here has any amazing install shops to recommend, I'm open to listen. Otherwise I'll be using The Car Stereo Company in Mountain View.

Ps: should I also use a prefab box, or is it better/cheaper to make a custom enclose to better fit in the car, and produce the better sound based on my needs and preferences.

If you want audiophile sound, this brand is unbeatable in shallow subs (nearly impossible to find as well)..........

Old School RARE Phase Linear Aliante 12'' SI Subwoofer | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

That looks great! I wonder how high that price will go, but perhaps not too high since it might not be on too many radars. I'll def keep watching for it! Thank you!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.