shallow sub

Considering the cruze engine is built in Germany I doubt it's much different. 

Just the timing belt was 1500 to replace. The block itself is 8k.

But it has been reliable other than the emissions sensors and def system.

So if I delete the emissions system the car should become 100% reliable

Considering the cruze engine is built in Germany I doubt it's much different. 

Just the timing belt was 1500 to replace. The block itself is 8k.

But it has been reliable other than the emissions sensors and def system.

So if I delete the emissions system the car should become 100% reliable
I'd be willing to bet there's a huge difference. but any modern diesel is going to have expensive maintenance because of all the emissions controls. If you remove the emissions controls, the engine will only run as good as the quality of the tune so you want to have a reputable tune. I'm guessing you have some sort of an Opel diesel, which I don't know a lot about. 

It's an Italian designed VM motori

The delete tunes available have been real good from all I've seen. And the transmission has held up to the extra 30hp and 70ftlb quite well. Beyond that the fuel pump starts to limit things.

On my duramax I want to swap the cp4 for a cp4 before deleting it and add a lift pump. I've already blown 1 cp4 injection pump and that was with regular semi spirited driving. It was under warranty thankfully since that was a 10k fix

The new sundown sd yet to be released will have a neo motor and I assume a heftier price then the predecessor. I’m interested nonetheless and would be interested in getting one from the yardsale some day 

It's an Italian designed VM motori

The delete tunes available have been real good from all I've seen. And the transmission has held up to the extra 30hp and 70ftlb quite well. Beyond that the fuel pump starts to limit things.

On my duramax I want to swap the cp4 for a cp4 before deleting it and add a lift pump. I've already blown 1 cp4 injection pump and that was with regular semi spirited driving. It was under warranty thankfully since that was a 10k fix
that engine is built in hungary and is used in 6 gm vehicles, 4 of which are Opels

Although not generally a fan of shallows I picked up a sd3 10 from the current yardsale and I’m quite impressed how well built and heavy this thing is. Not sure if I’m sold on the inverted surround but will see after this weekend when i swap subs. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.