Shallow mount component suggestions

Participant count
  • Participant list

jmanpc
5,000+ posts

CA.com Nostalgist.
I'm looking for shallow 6.5" speakers because I'm going to be doing a build for a friend of mine. He's got a 1965 Mustang convertable. I'm going to be putting in aftermarket kick panels which, from reading a few forums, offer about 2" of mounting depth on a good day. Most come with little bitty Pioneer G-series speakers (gray coned ones found at Wal-Mart, good for about 30w). Of course, this won't do going down the highway with the top down.

I've been eyeballing these guys, as their mounting depth is about 1.75", and I'd put about 75w to them.

I wanted to see if there were any suggestions for other shallow-mount component sets. Keep the depth under 2" and ideal power handling is between 50-100w.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.