Setup not performing as expected.

Mistororange

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a cheap setup thrown together in my civic sedan , I’ve had way worse setups hit more consistently than this one and I can’t figure it out, I keep going down rabbit hole of amp woofer box not for sure what to change or upgrade I’m not expecting amazing w this setup but it seems to not hit as I’d expect in most music more upper bass super low rap certain songs it’ll boom great but more general it just isn’t there .

LPF is at 80hz ,I’ve set gain w test tone an oscilloscope for distortion , it’s 260 rms running to a 300 rms 10 inch 4 ohm sub in a ported box the box is 0.9 cubic w a port Hz of 39 , the sub calls for box 0.9-1.6 and its Fs is 38.9hz , so I feel like everything is matched pretty well

any help or need more info thanks

gonna have to be more specific.....we dont know what equipment you have, how you have it wired, how you have it EQ'd ect ect...... an infinite number of factors could be contributing to why your not happy

gonna have to be more specific.....we dont know what equipment you have, how you have it wired, how you have it EQ'd ect ect...... an infinite number of factors could be contributing to why your not happy

Subwoofer:
Rockville K5 W10K5S4 10" 1200w 4 Ohm Car Audio Subwoofer Sub 300w RMS CEA Rated
https://www.rockvilleaudio.com/w10k5s4/

Box:
BBox E10SV Single 10" Vented Carpeted Subwoofer Enclosure
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0013MWT9O/?tag=caraudiocom-20

Amp:
Jensen XDA92RB
https://jensenmobile.com/xda92rb.html

Amp Dyno Video:

Headunit:
Sony XAV-AX100

Wired using 8 gauge wiring kit, fused at battery, 80hz lpf, no bass boost , etc. Gain matched to headunit etc.

You bought the cheapest of everything; what did you expect? I'm curious what your "way worse" systems were made of...

hahah I’m not expecting much , just a little bass , this setup just seems to be missing a lot of higher mid range bass that same / cheap thrown together setups of similar power an size came through better.
I figured if it hit the lows decent it should be able to hit uppers decent too , but I’m not that knowledgeable and took a more technical look of putting together setups before until now an just a lot of information and stuff out there , so was wondering if anything I was missing aside from just being a small cheap setup

If its not hitting the certain frequency's then I'd say change the box.
Stay away from prefabs
If you have any kind of woodworking skills at all you can make your own for way cheaper anyway

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.