Trouble picking out subs(shallow mount)

Kohen36

CarAudio.com Regular
Alabama
I have an 08 tundra crumax and have Been trying to get a nice audio system that will have some good bass and not terrible sq, I have been looking at sundown audio and the SD-4 12” and their SLD 12” could anyone help me out as there are little reviews of these subs

Jacob says the SLD is for people that want performance similar to the SD-2 since the SD-3 and SD-4 went in a different direction as sealed only subs.

I have an 08 tundra crumax and have Been trying to get a nice audio system that will have some good bass and not terrible sq, I have been looking at sundown audio and the SD-4 12” and their SLD 12” could anyone help me out as there are little reviews of these subs
Due to airspace you'd get better sound from a pair of shallow 10s over shallow 12s ..I use to have an 08 Tundra ..at one time I had a build log on here of it ..Project Thundra

I have two of the SD-3's in Dual 2ohm both with little use on them, tbh not even really broken in. For a shallow sealed subwoofer they do decently but you can do dual 10's in a ported possibly that will sound a lot better and louder.

So if you are going to choose between those as the other person said go with the SLD as they can go iirc ported. SD-3's can go ported but you had to ask them to setup them out for you before shipping them out to you. They were doing that for awhile with their refurbished options of those.

Also contact Apex Audio as they sell refurbished Sundown Subwoofers all the time as they are in the building or next door and do all of the rebuilding in house and the work is top notch as well with very quick shipping.

Due to airspace you'd get better sound from a pair of shallow 10s over shallow 12s ..I use to have an 08 Tundra ..at one time I had a build log on here of it ..Project Thundra
I have had this question before.I have the crumax version.I had talked to sundown tech and they said with the box I have the 2 12 would sound better than the 10’s because the box has enough airspace so you still think I should go with 10”s?

I have two of the SD-3's in Dual 2ohm both with little use on them, tbh not even really broken in. For a shallow sealed subwoofer they do decently but you can do dual 10's in a ported possibly that will sound a lot better and louder.

So if you are going to choose between those as the other person said go with the SLD as they can go iirc ported. SD-3's can go ported but you had to ask them to setup them out for you before shipping them out to you. They were doing that for awhile with their refurbished options of those.

Also contact Apex Audio as they sell refurbished Sundown Subwoofers all the time as they are in the building or next door and do all of the rebuilding in house and the work is top notch as well with very quick shipping.
Thank you so much for replying, the box I have found is sealed and has around 1 foot of airspace per sub.I have had people tell me that the 2 12”s will hit harder than the 10”s because the box has the right airspace but I’m still unsure what to go with.

Have someone or build yourself a box. Have @Buck design it and give him all your information on size available and how much room you have to work with. He can come up with something and maybe even suggest a subwoofer that would work in a ported setup.

I am not planning on building the box myself, with my back seats scooted up to where I don’t mind them the width fits 4ft and 3/8 in , the bottom side depth is 11” top side depth gets to about 7”

Are you building the box? If you measure behind your seats, I can tell you how much space you have roughly.
I am not planning on building the box myself, with my back seats scooted up to where I don’t mind them the width fits 4ft and 3/8 in , the bottom side depth is 11” top side depth gets to about 7”

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.