Setting Gains?

Participant count
  • Participant list
What would be a best way to set the gains? From my Iphone/USB or USB stick? Or lastly CD? Using FLAC files of course. I would mostly be using my Iphone/USB which has Amazon Music.

with your ears honestly. set your gains what you use the most. problem is a lot of rap songs are clipped to hell. you can look at that if you download a program like audacity and have the song file. one thing to do get a starting point is calculate the voltage on the speakers wires based off your wattage and resistance. So you'll have a maximum voltage going to your sub through the speakers wires, you don't want to go above that, almost certainly.

Every amp i tune, i just use songs like Put On from Young Jeezy, It's Over by Tech N9ne, Power (eptic remix)(dubstep)

Use a song that has bass notes from at least the low 30's up to at least the high 50's, if not 60's. Put on is a really good song for that, because I think it's like in the 50's, 40's, 30's and 20's. everybody knows those 4 bass notes lol

Dubstep and trap songs, electronic music in general is usually really high quality because it's all made with electronics, there's no recording, no over-boosted mics or no dude high as f*ck on lean or coke clipping the F out of the bass.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.