Set up help

Participant count
  • Participant list

ChinoMan
10+ year member

Hello I don't know much about car audio tuning so was wondering if any one could help me out on how to wire/setup my cars sub. I have a 12 kicker l7 2ohm one, with a hifonics brutus elite 1100.1d amp. I bought it and I just dropped it in my car haven't changed anything from previous owner settings but It don't sound as loud as my friends l7 wondering If maybe something is connected wrong

Provided some pics on how there wired inside box it's in and how it's connected on amp

Hello I don't know much about car audio tuning so was wondering if any one could help me out on how to wire/setup my cars sub. I have a 12 kicker l7 2ohm one, with a hifonics brutus elite 1100.1d amp. I bought it and I just dropped it in my car haven't changed anything from previous owner settings but It don't sound as loud as my friends l7 wondering If maybe something is connected wrong Provided some pics on how there wired inside box it's in and how it's connected on amp
Ive had these issues with HF amps it's almost like you have to turn all the settings up on the amp to get anything out of it. Check your frequency settings and turn them all the way up. Turn your gain higher too. And I don't want to hear people bitching at me for this because HF amps are different.

well if you wanna take a drive up here to me i can check out what your problem is
Appreciate the offer but i really dont have much time with work and all. Earlier today took the sub out to see how it was wired and it was really hot, pretty sure was overheating, and I have not turned it up at at all. Should I get a smaller amp? I have a powerbass 800 watt and a Rockford Fosgate 250.2 laying around

Appreciate the offer but i really dont have much time with work and all. Earlier today took the sub out to see how it was wired and it was really hot, pretty sure was overheating, and I have not turned it up at at all. Should I get a smaller amp? I have a powerbass 800 watt and a Rockford Fosgate 250.2 laying around
sounds like you got a burnt coil ,bud

sounds like you got a burnt coil ,bud

if interested in a new sub let me know ,i have 2 new xfl 12's sitting here right now

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.