seems like such a simple question, but anyway...

1) if your good with a jig saw you can draw the circle and cut it.

2) you can by a jasper jig for a router (partsexpress.com sells them) or make your own, basicly just makes the radius of the cirle, and you drill a hole in the middle

3) I use a roto-zip (i actully have robi's versions, i like it better) with a cirlce cutting jig. You have to go a bit slower so to now burn out the bit (or break it), but the bits are much cheeper than router bits.

The 2nd 2 ways cut better cirlces, but if you ok with a jig saw, doing it by hand is not a bad option.

i used a router, the circle cutter was cheap that i bought so it got off like .25 in one place, but the subs still fit. You can just trace and use a jig saw. I thought a jig saw wouldnt work that good, but really, I think I could have free-handed a circle better than my router cut one....

I'm saying within .25" youll be FINE, any bigger you COULD run into problems... I had to do a little wood glue/sawdust and patch up a whole i drilled for sub mounting cause my circle was to big...

lol, i could just picture the look on ones face when they got there box together with 10" holes for 10" subwoofers and the drop right through

him- //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

me- //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by mgaidica lol, i could just picture the look on ones face when they got there box together with 10" holes for 10" subwoofers and the drop right through

him- //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

me- //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
lol there was some guy on here a little while ago who did that...we told him that his cutouts were the wrong size and he was like FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK lol

Use a hole cutter bit, that can be attached to any drill... fast, precise, very clean cuts...

5134dscn1601-med.jpg

the metal pole behind the cap is the hole cutter...

if you see carefully, the bar has measurements at the ends, so if you're looking for real precision, just remove one blade, and cut with just one. You can also use this to sink your subs, but no way more accurate and clean as a router... but in terms of cutting large holes, no problem... mine goes up to 30cm, enough for a 12" sub mounting diameter. I'd have problems if I had to make a box for a 15"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.