A simple, clean SQ focused 500 watt subwoofer

Participant count
  • Participants list

Inverted

CarAudio.com Newbie
Looking for suggestions. I want a small, simple setup. I currently have a JL Powerwedge+ 10 which is a sealed TW0 and a 400 watt amp combo. Looking to up it a bit and maybe go 12, and 500 watts. I want to keep the 8 gauge power wire so I really don't want to go over 600 watts. Looking to spend less than going a 10w3 and XD600. Whatcha guys got for suggestions!?

What amp do you have right now??Model and make? How much space do you have and what vehicle? Whats the Budget? Needing another enclosure ?

What amp do you have right now??Model and make? How much space do you have and what vehicle? Whats the Budget? Needing another enclosure ?

I want a sealed enclosure. No amp, so I would be looking at a 500 watt amp as well. Car has lots of space but I don't want to use a lot of space. Car is a 2018 Acura TLX. Budget for the sub, box and amp is 1000 or less.

There's a gazillion decent mono amplifiers out there. You didn't list any space restrictions and if planned to go sealed or ported. Are you listening to a variety of music or just a few genres? Where do you plan to cross the subwoofer at? Front stage?

Be a nice sub stage for the budget for a sealed sub

I'd look literally anywhere else besides CT Sounds for an amp.

Good price for reliable and legit 600W into 2 ohm, these guys are very trustworthy, local to me.

Dayton has some good subwoofer options for 500W power class and sounding good in sealed box and the ID-Max has been a top pick in that category for probably 20 years now. Really across the board, Dayton brand is solid performance/value, I've used their mids and tweets in the past and seen a fair bit of their stuff used in modest power DIY applications with good results.

I'd look literally anywhere else besides CT Sounds for an amp.

Good price for reliable and legit 600W into 2 ohm, these guys are very trustworthy, local to me.

Dayton has some good subwoofer options for 500W power class and sounding good in sealed box and the ID-Max has been a top pick in that category for probably 20 years now. Really across the board, Dayton brand is solid performance/value, I've used their mids and tweets in the past and seen a fair bit of their stuff used in modest power DIY applications with good results.
No Issues out of my CT Sounds amps..EQ, 6.5s. There is not one company out there that hast ever had a perfect QC run that I can think of.Hard to beat the 5 yr Warranty Dayton provides on the majority of theyre gear. Kicker still make decent amps .. I like theyre tweeters, Speakers have gone to some of the dirtiest quality over the years. I think Alpine has been really one of the best to be considered for reliability and fair cost in all honesty

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...