caging a bull...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Natheo
10+ year member

OH YEAH!!
Michigan
excuse the title, but what would be a good place to start finding out how to build a box for a 12" brahma, with 1100 watts going to it. it would be a sealed box, and going by adires website, it would be pretty small. .62 cubic feet for 1300 watts. so i guess it might be a bit larger. anyways i need some help with box building in general. i know to use mdf, but what to seal it? and how to you cut a good clean hole in it? one more, how do you not screw up in building it with the interior of the box being the measurements for the volume? i had geomotry over 2 years ago, and i dont remember much :p and its about 11 oclock and im tired. thanks.

Originally posted by Natheo excuse the title, but what would be a good place to start finding out how to build a box for a 12" brahma, with 1100 watts going to it. it would be a sealed box, and going by adires website, it would be pretty small. .62 cubic feet for 1300 watts. so i guess it might be a bit larger. anyways i need some help with box building in general. i know to use mdf, but what to seal it? and how to you cut a good clean hole in it? thanks.
you might want to have a box bigger than that... I think adire meant that 0.62Cu.Ft is the correct size for the subs to handle 1300W RMS... but it should still sound very good at 800W too, if I'm not mistaken...

seal using caulk, silicone... if your cuts are clean and straight, then use plenty of wood glue and silicone for good measure...

As for cutting a good clean hole, you can either use a hole cutter...

5134dscn1601-med.jpg
behind the brax cap is a drill bit, attached to this metal bar thingy..that's the hole cutter...

You could also do a better job (plus, the added advantage of sinking the subs in) using a router. You could use the hole cutter to have the sinking effect, but no way as clean as a router.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Natheo

10+ year member
OH YEAH!!
Natheo
Michigan
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date