Security measures for your car?

IwearJayz187
10+ year member

D-town
So im about to buy a used car soon and will probaly not have anything on it like alarm and such.Im wondering what is the best ways to prevent my car from getting stolen/Also parts on the car like wheels/Head unit/subwoofer/screens/etc?My budget on all this I dont really have because when it comes to security I will spend w/e amount of money to prevent from not happening.I was thinking just shaveing down all my door handles and getting a tracking device that tells if your car has been moved w/that auto shut off(saw it on discovery channel thought it was pretty dope).

bottomline:

Someone wants your toyz bad enough, they will find away.

Shaving the doors and going with poppers will cost you way more than an good alarm with a paging system.

bottomline:
Someone wants your toyz bad enough, they will find away.

Shaving the doors and going with poppers will cost you way more than an good alarm with a paging system.
yeah good thing i have pager and alarm and all 4 doors shaved. I WIN

just don't put anything worth taking in the car.

maybe add a spoiler and an unpainted body kit. that'll throw gang members off from stealing your whip. also alarms do nothing, get yourself a boot. maybe 2 of them. or even 4. if you get 4 then it will prevent them from taking your hubcaps.

just don't put anything worth taking in the car.maybe add a spoiler and an unpainted body kit. that'll throw gang members off from stealing your whip. also alarms do nothing, get yourself a boot. maybe 2 of them. or even 4. if you get 4 then it will prevent them from taking your hubcaps.
watch out for them ricers and crackhead though

get a 2 way alarm system such as a viper. remember to add a backup battery and a 140+db siren. The crook could only last maybe 10 seconds tops in a 140db environment.

I have a two-way paging alarm, hidden brain and backup battery, 12 strategically placed and well-hidden interior piezo sirens, full-sized siren behind a vented rear interior panel, normal siren under the hood along with horn-honk, tilt sensor, glass sensor, dual-zone proximity sensor, shock sensor, and starter kill.

My sub box weighs several hundred pounds and is padlocked to my floor. I took heavy duty U-shaped bolts and bolted them on each side of the box from the inside, so they cannot be removed without getting inside the box. My Explorer has hefty factory cargo tiedown rings that are bolted down to the floor of the vehicle and the bolts to remove them are not accessible unless you take the box out. I run two heavy padlocks on each side through the U-bolts on the box and then the rings on the truck. The only way to get the box out would be to cut the padlocks or have the keys to them. The subs are attached with security screws with different patterns so different bits would be needed and it would take a while even with all of the right bits. The amps are secured to the box the same way. The majority of my equipment is under the floor in the back, which is under the box. To get to anything, you have to get the box out first. Even if it were unbolted, it is way too big and heavy for one person, or even two small people to move.

The rear windows are all very darkly tinted so you cannot see inside.

My rims have locking lugnuts on every bolt.

The only thing I really want to add to this is a GPS tracking device/service.

I've been robbed of everything before, so I have taken these extra measures to be safer. I make a point to never get further than earshot of my truck, or out of the pager range. When at home, it's parked in the garage. At work, it's parked in a secured parking garage.

Obviously, it is still vulnerable to towing. Thieves are doing that a lot around here (Dallas area). At least the tilt sensor would kick off the alarm and I would hopefully be within paging range. The keys stay with me always.

It's true that if they want your stuff bad enough, they will get it. You can definitely take measures to make it harder for them, though. Often times they will just move on to the next ride.

Also get an paging device that will kick in simultaneously. Mine takes a couple of seconds before it even responds to the remote. And its FM freq......

Other than the boot, go to http://www.google.com & check Driveway Patrol. Make sure & hide the outside motion detector. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
I'm not worried about it in my driveway. When it's at home, in addition to everything listed above, it's also protected by two 75 lb pitbulls and an angry 320 lb man with a .45. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.