Secondary battery help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Snif1
10+ year member

Ok, so I have never had a system big enough to need things like a high output alt, second battery, power cap at least till now, basically I read power caps are close to useless and of course the way to go would be high output alternator but as far as I know they don't make one for my car, I have also read that if I have 2 batteries they need to be matching and well I have a Red Top Optima up front and another WILL NOT FIT in the back, I plan to do the big 3 and add a secondary battery could someone give me some advice as to what battery to go with?

Don't laugh but It's a 1996 Geo Metro LSI with stock alt and I am currently running two 12 inch Rockford Fosgate P3's off a Kicker DX1000.1 and 2 Kicker KS525s in the front doors, Kicker KS65s in the back and Kicker KS693s in the back also those are running off a Kicker DX200.4

Don't laugh but It's a 1996 Geo Metro LSI with stock alt and I am currently running two 12 inch Rockford Fosgate P3's off a Kicker DX1000.1 and 2 Kicker KS525s in the front doors, Kicker KS65s in the back and Kicker KS693s in the back also those are running off a Kicker DX200.4
you have no extra room in back for i 2nd batt? and no do not get a power cap

i am curious also, i too have an optima redtop upfront, i have a kinetik hc2000 for the back. will these work together? i sure hope so since i already have this batt.
if you already have the optima then just use it. and they should be fine together. I currently have a duralst gold under the hood and 3 deka 105ah each, agm batts in the back

Is that link for a secondary battery or for a replacement for my Optima? Cuz i can't afford to replace the Optima i got it like a month ago not knowing i could have gotten much better for the $200 i paid for it, I just need to know a good compact secondary battery that will work with my optima. Preferably around $200 if i browse XS myself what specs do i need to look out for?

Is that link for a secondary battery or for a replacement for my Optima? Cuz i can't afford to replace the Optima i got it like a month ago not knowing i could have gotten much better for the $200 i paid for it, I just need to know a good compact secondary battery that will work with my optima. Preferably around $200 if i browse XS myself what specs do i need to look out for?
dont look at the XS power d1600. i didnt notice it was for 18v. so disregard that comment. i would say look for the XS D3400 or since you dont have much room, the XS D1200 is pretty small but it packs a big punch

this one: $230.01 - shipped

XS Power D1200 12-Volt Deep Cycle AGM Power Cell Battery

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Snif1

10+ year member
Snif1
Portland, Oregon
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from