Second Skin Audio FTL...LOL customer service

I actually plan on using some of second skin deadener AFTER reading this thread.. where I hadn't considered it before.. lol

Thanks to the mods for un-deleting this thread so I can reply.I see that there are like, 5 pages of replies, but I am only going to respond to this one.

First, I appreciate the kind words you started this thread with, and I am glad to hear that you liked our customer service, products and free upgrade we gave you.

I also appreciate you sending us referrals.

What I do not appreciate however is the last statement you make:

I do not believe that you are full of ****, or have an agenda. I do not doubt the level of sincerity that you bring to this thread. It is obvious that you believe your friend, but that is where the first mistake was made.

The second is that rather than contacting me directly via email, PM or phone, you choose to point out on a public forum, a 3rd party report that could not only damage my reputation, but end up hurting my business. Thus effecting me and my employees.

Why would you not come to me directly with such alarming news?

Again, I do not think that you are full of ****, however here and now I tell you with a straight face and fingers uncrossed, that if your friend said what you quoted him as saying, then he is indeed a liar.

I am not sure why your friend would lie, nor do I wish to guess.

Since I cannot speak for his actions, I am only able to refute them.

-Never before have I chewed out a customer for asking for a discount.

-Never have I called a customer back to give them an ass chewing of any kind.

-Never before have I had any customer tell me I was rude, and hang up on me.

-Never before has a customer told me that I lost a sale because of my rude phone etiquette.

-And never before have I used the F-bomb in anger towards potential customer.

I can tell you that I make it a point to treat everyone that calls Second Skin as a gift. With the economy in a slump, the 12 volt industry in the hole, and the auto industry hurting as bad as it is, every time my phone rings I appreciate the chance to impress another customer that God has sent my way. To treat my customers the way your friend accused me of, is to not appreciate the gift of prosperity in the fashion I believe it has been given to me.

Karma is a b!tch and I always do my best to stay on the right side of the road.

I wish I did not have to publicly defend myself, but this thread left me with few options.

To the forum members and the moderators, thank you for allowing me the chance to say my side of the story and thank you for your support as Second Skin goes in to our 8th year of business.

ANT
From me not knowing your customer service or ever used your product i have to say that i am impressed by the way you have handled this situation and the way you have kept your calm with such a bad thing posted about you. Unfortunatly people make accusations or assumptions without hearing the other side and to the OP i dont think anything on your end is wrong other than calling him out in public instead of keeping it in private first. If your friend lied then why should someones reputation be ruined because of a lie. And if he didnt lie then i think it shouldve atleast been attempted to handle this outside of a public forum. I appluad the stand up and calm response that i have quoted and when i am looking to buy deadener i know who to call first because i know how i will get treated.

Good Day.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

There is nothing wrong with asking for a deal. I do all the time!I am used to customer looking for some sort of hook up.

After all, Second Skin is known for giving out tons of free product and taking care of sponses and such. It is just part of the deal.

If I can, I take care of people. If I am unable to, I let them know. Simple as that.

ANT

too bad you dont make decks, speakers, subs, amps and wiring kits //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

ill buy some once i can get some money. im to broke for car audio. rather not buy any of the cheap stuff. just going to go without anything till i can afford.

I had an excellent experience with Second Skin Audio in December 2007, I called and talked to Ant and he offered to give me a discount on some product that had been wrinkled in the machine. I passed on his offer, but called him back roughly 2 weeks later telling him how much $$ I had to spend, and he was VERY generous and upgraded me to Pro, for the same cost.
I received the product shortly after and was VERY impressed with it, and I had never experienced such excellent customer service.

Anyway, on to May 2009. My best friend was looking for sound deadening to deaden his doors with, I told him to call Second Skin Audio and ask to see if they had any damaged product that they could give him at a discount (which is what Ant offered to me).

This is what my buddy said happened...when he called Ant today.

That's ********.

What did my friend do?? He ordered Dynamat Extreme, he was more than willing to pay the extra $$ for a comparable product.

I'm not full of ****, and neither is my friend, just thought I'd point this out for all you future customers.

Let the fun begin. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Official SecondSkin Reply Post #70

Why would you even post this? People like you try to damage a company's reputation by posting half of the story. Shame on you for being a jackass about the situation. If I was the owner, I would never sell my products to you ever again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.