Second Amp & Subwoofer Options

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lexxtia

Greetings,

I have a 1998 Ford Explorer that I've replaced the stock speakers with 4 Infinity Kappa 682.11cf 5x7's and a Rockford Fosgate R250-X4 Amp.

The amp is mounted behind the backseat and being fed with a thick power line from the power distribution block in the hood.

What I'd like to do is add a subwoofer or 2, but I'm curious on what my options are in terms of wires / equipment I will need to do so.

Is there a way to attach another amp back there dedicated to the sub without feeding another power line from the hood to the trunk? If so what would I need to purchase. Any and all idea's are welcomed.

Thanks.

i would do ur big 3 first 1/0wire to the back with a fused distor block. then a power wire to each amp off the distro. depending on stock alt underage and amplifier power u may need a good agm under hood and one or 2 agms in the back.and if u wanna go nuts u need a ho alt as well.

Updating the thread.

Alright so I got a 250a HO Alt to replace the stock one, 1/0 wires going from battery to alt, battery to chassis, and chassis to engine. Also have one running all the way to the back. The Agm under the hood is new. Fused block in the back / one wire going to the amp currently there.

I'm in the process of actually buying the other amp and 2 subs. The one's I've been looking at are a pair of Alpine SWR-1023D. What I'm looking for now is a good amp to pair with it. The dual alpines use 4 ohms at 300-1,000 watts, peaking at 3k. Any suggestions or comments?

Thanks

swr-1023 are 600wrm. so look into something that will be 1200rms at 2ohms. but if you are going for LOUD and it looks like with the upgraded alt and wiring that might be what you are going for I would get more power and bigger subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.