Sealing gaps and holes around speakers?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jeeper2269
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
What do you guys do when you mount coaxle or component speakers to existing locations and find areas where there are gaps or holes?

while mounting my 6.5” speakers in the jeep soundbar area, on the Ssv adaptor plates, I found the only area to set the screws is the outer rim. This ends up leaving the inner holes on the speaker baskets Open. I am concerned they won’t perform as well as they could with things sealed Up. Do I seal the little inside Holes with something like silicone?

Attachments

• CE9CF6A5-A898-4843-A16F-56711E958214.png
    CE9CF6A5-A898-4843-A16F-56711E958214.png
    294.3 KB · Views: 99
I too would cut some mounting rings out of wood. If you can mount them securely with just some small gaps remaining you might could get away with using some modelling clay for sealing around the edges.

I didn't do the sound bar, but on the knee pods I just used sound deadening around the rim of the speaker to seal up the extra holes. Make absolutely sure that you seal the little holes on the sides of the bods or you will have whistling.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.