Sundown Yard Sale

Participant count
  • Participant list

John Doe

CarAudio.com Regular
1. Anyone got much experience dealing with the Yard Sale Subs? Was looking to get an X Series (15”) for my new set up.
2. Reason I’m asking is because the total came out around $330 with $0 shipping which is weird seeing as how I’m in Honolulu.
3. Anything I should expect as far the quality? Should I be prepared to have to take it to be fixed for anything?
Let me know playas 😎

Looks a little too good to be true but damn would I save some money on a sub. Just wanted to see what the general consensus was. Thanks!
Assuming the motor hasn't shifted or some other major issue, worst case scenario you could be out 120-150$ in parts to recone it. Most people I know have got functional subs from yard sale but they do sell with the caveat that it may not be 100% functional.

Got me a SAZ 3000D for $500 from one of those sales.
At the time it was 2 years old but never been used .
Worked just fine, Had it running 2 DD3512's for about a year. Still works just fine.
Its collecting dust in the basement because I can't really put it into my daily driver.
Things a power hungry pig, but it delivered.
The things we do for our kids.
Think about it like this, whatever is leftover from those sales go to places like woffersetc.com
They are just trying to get rid of old stock.
Take away all the R&D and your your left just the cost of the raw materials and the labour that went into the build.
That's why they get rid of them all.
Getting all the mark up on them vs Paying rent on the space they are taking up.

I havent ever bought anything from the Yard Sales.Ive always wondered myself. You are going to have some blemishes with whatever you get. No gaurantee you get anything special or one hell of a deal. Im sure its all B-Stock at best

I've bought a plethora of surprise me $60 and $99 and I've bought some boxes items as well.

They are listed as having mechanical issues NOT typical cosmetic b stock issues.
However I've only received one woofer that was doa and it was a $60 surprise me.
I'm not sure what sundowns qa process is but I've tested everything I've ever got and on music in a vehicle I've found now real world issues, now maybe doing frequency sweeps in a control room there may be more noticeable issues but real world of your subs ticking at such and such frequency for like milliseconds in a trunk or even cabin of an suv it may be unnoticed.

I have seen people post about getting subs with bad coil ticks but I myself haven't

Assuming the motor hasn't shifted or some other major issue, worst case scenario you could be out 120-150$ in parts to recone it. Most people I know have got functional subs from yard sale but they do sell with the caveat that it may not be 100% functional.
Yeah, still a pretty good deal for what I was looking at. I’ll probably end up biting the bullet sometime next month.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.