Sealed or ported?

If you listen to mainly rap then ported.That is if those subs are a ported box sub.

Make sure its a custom box ported to manufacturers specs.
these are specs

10"

Subwoofer Design Round / Circle

Voice Coil(s) Single (1 voice coil)

Impedance (per voice coil) 4 ohms

Peak Power Handling 1000 watts

RMS Power Handling 300 watts

Woofer Composition Polypropylene

Woofer Surround Rubber

Sealed Box Volume 1.0 - 1.5 cubic feet

Ported Box Volume 1.25 - 1.75 cubic feet

Sensitivity 90 dB

Frequency Response 30 - 1000 Hz

Xmax (millimeters) 6.9 mm

Top Mount Depth 5-5/8"

Cutout Diameter 9-1/16"

Recommended Enclosure Type Ported / Vented

Sealed

I used to install those same subs into pre-fab ported boxes all day and they seriously slammed for what they were.

ported, definately make sure box is built to spec for best possible results

a prefab will probably get reasonably loud, but likely will not have the best sq

iuno how well they will sound ported but I heard them yesterday 3 10's and I walked outside to see who was shaking my ground in my second floor house......and it was this dude in a 4 runner pushing 100 watts each off a pos kenwood amp nothing special in a sealed box.....**** crazy loud those are goooooodd

Sealed in the right box with the right power an awesome sound tho, I love how mine kicks me in the chest with rock and roll, yet rumbles with rap still. All personal preference.

Used Sealed for over 7 years with a box of JLs, One blew recently. I remember always hearing that Subs last longer on sealed, but imho it would seem like that puts more strain on a woofer if you think about it. heh. 7 years ant too bad for W0s and I slammed that crap out of them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.