Sealed box for two DD 2010 series

Participant count
  • Participant list
Just an update to an old box, painted it and Gonna sell the DDs

Attachments

• E9FB5D2D-4D10-477C-9DE3-DBC893B72BF6.jpeg
    E9FB5D2D-4D10-477C-9DE3-DBC893B72BF6.jpeg
    147.9 KB · Views: 96
Update, was able to secure a second Ultimo, they blow those DD 2010s away in SQ and are louder. Extremely happy with the spl and SQ, it’s exactly what I was looking for. Even sealed its loud asf and still sounds clean where the DDs were typical tubby smooth sounding, just lacks that detail and doesn’t have that lean fast Transition the Ultimo does.

Attachments

• A2D89A9A-33B3-4FEA-A0B8-07A1A56AA438.jpeg
    A2D89A9A-33B3-4FEA-A0B8-07A1A56AA438.jpeg
    163.1 KB · Views: 80
  • 6D975379-5182-40A0-8124-CC2112EB8E44.jpeg
    6D975379-5182-40A0-8124-CC2112EB8E44.jpeg
    168.2 KB · Views: 80
DD was never my favorite sub. the 8 they produced 15 years back was my favorite sub from them, but even when everyone had a boner for DD, I still liked my diamond audio D6 so so much better than any of the DD systems I built. Not sure how either of these companies stack up today, but the diamond audio d6 10 was my favorite sounding ported sub I’ve ever owned. it was clean, loud and still pounds in my brother in-laws car 15 years later. I tried to have a boner for DD back when they were cool, and they are decent subs for the every day hip hop listener, but I just never heard the hype with my own ears.

DD was never my favorite sub. the 8 they produced 15 years back was my favorite sub from them, but even when everyone had a boner for DD, I still liked my diamond audio D6 so so much better than any of the DD systems I built. Not sure how either of these companies stack up today, but the diamond audio d6 10 was my favorite sounding ported sub I’ve ever owned. it was clean, loud and still pounds in my brother in-laws car 15 years later. I tried to have a boner for DD back when they were cool, and they are decent subs for the every day hip hop listener, but I just never heard the hype with my own ears.
had to look up the diamond audio specs, seemed pretty much like a standard sub of today but with an aluminum cone. Eclipse, TC sounds i believe also used aluminum cones. Do you think the SQ came from that maybe?

had to look up the diamond audio specs, seemed pretty much like a standard sub of today but with an aluminum cone. Eclipse, TC sounds i believe also used aluminum cones. Do you think the SQ came from that maybe?
I’m not sure. I did some systems for people with eclipse subs back then, and I always liked those also. I’ve always had it in my head that paper cones sound best to my ears, but aren’t as durable for a vehicle environment. Maybe aluminum has just the right ratio of weight vs. size? i didn’t like the d9 from diamond as much as the d6, even though the d9 was audibly louder. I had the d6 in 1.1 cubes at 30 hz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.