Screen flickering on head unit, not initially flickering on external power.

Participant count
  • Participant list

TheLE

CarAudio.com Newbie
UT
*Edit update* - It eventually starts to have the screen flickering and distorted text/images on the external supply as well.

My head unit display is flickering really bad, the support person asked me to use a voltmeter to verify consistent power and that came out to a steady 14.59.

They asked me to cut the red, yellow and black wires and splice them to a different 12volt power supply outside of the car.

So I rigged up some wiring and clamps to get this connected to a spare battery, and I'll be a duck, there was no flickering or distortion on the display of the head unit.

I haven't heard back this week from their support on what to try next in the vehicle. Is there a way to condition the power line in the car as it seems theres an interference somewhere?

They supply the harness as well. I haven't found another aftermarket that would fit this vehicle and the stock is horrible for a modern commute.

Last edited:
No strange noises are coming from the unit or speakers, no buzz etc. Music plays fine and comes out every speaker clearly.

Yes both off and on. Also being connected to that spare battery directly it does it after a while too. I put it back into the car everything initially looked fine. Turned the car off and put the dash all back together then when I went for a drive it starts after 20 minutes or so flickering and then the right half of the screen becomes distorted. If i tapped on that half of the screen it corrected itself for a few minutes and then went back to flicker and distorted text and images on the right half. I think I'm going to rip it open and see if there is an issue with the ribbon cable connecting what is essentially an android tablet to a small computer board in the case.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.