Scosche SLC4 Line Output Converter

Participant count
  • Participant list

ThePistol

The way I'm hooking my subs up since I'm not experienced recently i hooked it up running speaker wire from both rear speakers into the top of the converter, my question is. What would it result in if I ran all my factory speakers wires into the top. Meaning not just rear but making a run off line from my front speakers into the converter along with my rear? Reason I ask is because I just installed after market speakers and I read somewhere , where without amp hooker to your speakers your not getting full power. Sorry if this is hard to understand. I'm just trying my best to learn.

It's a 4 channel LOC. It's built for 4 speaker inputs and 4 rca outputs.

If you only have one pair (front or rear) than you will only have left and right outputs going to your amps (no fade front/rear).

Adding the 2nd pair gives you front/rear/left/right.

You can get perfectly good performance with just two channels -- having 4 just gives you a little more adjustability.

Stock head units often only produce 10 or 20w rms. Good aftermarket HU's are about the same, 15-20.

Good aftermarket speakers on the other hand commonly need 50w rms or more to perform optimally.

So it's a good enough to for a beginner till I can learn more? To connect power, turn on, subs to speakers ( should o run right neg,left pos,right pos,left neg? I think that's bridging? Ima send this I case my wifi goes out I got a another question

Ok I expiremented. I hope I did it right. Pos and neg from factory wire to the door speaker..

The. Run a pos+ from mids? Right? The door speakers? Ok run it to a tweeter I install ran it to its -neg side

Then ran my negative from mid, I hope I'm not sounding stupid right then lol. From neg to the tweeter bass blocker out the otherside into the tweeter positive side. Is that correct I can show pic.. Thank you for yalls time and knowledge

I have no idea what you're talking about or trying to do.

LOC is used to install an amp using a stock head unit.

You haven't mentioned anything about an amp, and you haven't mentioned your head unit either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.