School me on batteries

Lol there not gunna make your car explode and there warrantied so... Idk lol
Lol I know they arent going to explode!

Im just wondering how long they will last with daily abuse. I dont want to get stranded somewhere!

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

I would love that! buts the price ouch

So like I said Im a battery noob, Never had to deal with this decision before lol

I dont understand what is aH? Amp hours? What does this determine?

Lol I know they arent going to explode!Im just wondering how long they will last with daily abuse. I dont want to get stranded somewhere!

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

I would love that! buts the price ouch
There warrantied and from what I'm reading pretty solid I'm gunna replace my yellow top under hood with

One .. I already have my trunk batts or I'd grab 2 more as well just saying price and warranty you might as well give it a shot bro

There warrantied and from what I'm reading pretty solid I'm gunna replace my yellow top under hood with One .. I already have my trunk batts or I'd grab 2 more as well just saying price and warranty you might as well give it a shot bro

Yea I guess $90 isnt that big of a risk. But im unemployeed currently and need to be sure I wont need another 100 later on lol

What are they called?
1DEF2198-98E7-4077-8062-33697DA5EB50-24071-0000105AE9726E86_zps0bed27d2.jpg

F86D302B-AB5E-40D2-88D7-1653D8EDECA8-24071-0000105AE0B53F82_zpsa0c8ec26.jpg

8DC1E5BC-12E7-4F76-89E1-244CD03734DA-24071-0000105AD6B4DD01_zps32c879ae.jpg

How many good reviews did u pass through before u found that one cause I read for about 20 min the night I found them and it was all positive lol to each his own man just throwing it out there
Been hearing on several websites the problem is they dont hold a charge.

And they go bad fast. This is in a marine application. Couldnt imagine how short the lifespan would be in a SPL application lol

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

Not trying to knock your experience or opinion, Just need something extremely reliable as I have no money to spare

Also Exide Nautilus Batties are Junk? - The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum 

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

Honestly I just searched Exide Nautilus on google, and havent found one good review yet from anywere lol
Here ya go

Lasted over Five Years !

By R. D. Heath - October 17, 2012

I purchased an Excide Orbital AGM Deep Cycle Marine battery over six years ago. I just replaced it with the same battery. Throughout (and beyond) its expected lifetime, this sealed cell met or exceeded its published specifications.

These are expensive batteries, but five years of service for a maintance-free, auxillury equipment battery - equates to a very good value in my book. I needed a battery for inside a 4x4 camper shell, where I occasionally sleep. One would be ill advised to install a fume-laden, wet lead-acid cell in a sleeping area, particularly given the off-road use of this vehicle.

I don't know why the other reviewers had problems with this battery. --

* Did they use this deep-cycle battery for an application appropriate for its design?

* Did they use a regulated 3 or 4 stage charger, suitable for deep cycle cells?

* Did they just hook it up to an automobile alternator (designed to charge a starting battery), instead of a purpose-built battery combiner? Note: Even most isolators are built for wet cell batteries.

* Did they limit charging voltage to 14.2, as is customary for AGM batteries?

* Did they limit load cycling to above 50% capacity (~11.5v)?

This is not a battery to use for starting an engine. I primarily used mine to power an Engel Fridg/Freezer, computers, camera battery chargers ...

Over the past year (well beyond a four or five year lifetime one might expect), the Orbital has not held a charge well. Although, for the past two years it was not maintained well, due to unavoidable neglect. If I had maintained it better, maybe it would still be usable today.

Maybe the Orbital I just bought won't last as long as the one I bought in 2006. If I use and maintain it properly, it ought to come close.

Do your homework. Wet cell, lead acid deep cycle batteries are fairly forgiving of standard charging procedures. VRLA, Absorbed Glass Mat cells (deep-cycle, starting, or dual purpose) provide the benefit of enhanced safety (over wet cells) - yet, they require a suitable charging system and adherence to proper maintance,

Was this review helpful?

Helpful

Not Helpful

That review kind of summed it up for me

"This is not a battery to use for starting an engine. I primarily used mine to power an Engel Fridg/Freezer, computers, camera battery chargers"

So whoever wrote this review wasnt using it to its full or even half of its potential.

I need something to handle powaaa! lol

That review kind of summed it up for me"This is not a battery to use for starting an engine. I primarily used mine to power an Engel Fridg/Freezer, computers, camera battery chargers"

So whoever wrote this review wasnt using it to its full or even half of its potential.

I need something to handle powaaa! lol
Lol I'm telling u there rebadged Dekas I was reading man I'm gunna throw one under

The hood ill let you know how it holds up

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.