SA8v2 passive radiator ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Boat_guy

Iowa
Ok guys hope someone here can help me out. I've posted this same question on DIY home theater forum with NO help. I've been thinking about building a passive radiator setup using the sundown sa8v2 maybe tuned around 22hz. I am current without a home computer while the new one is being built so I can't use my box building program. So this is just a feeler to see if someone could help me out, if this is a Feasible plan or just a waste of time. If this sounds like it might work would 950 rms be way to much for this little guy. I don't really have many options for plate amps 950 then the next option is only 500 and idk if that would even push it hard enough to be worth it. It would be used for movies and playing music most of the time at normal volumes but hey a guy like to jam out every now and then and I don't want to worry about pushing it to hard. So if any of you guys have a little insight on something like this please feel free to comment below.

I was thinking probably two ten inch passive radiators..... But I'm with out my computer so it's just a guess on passive sizes and weight but I'd like to tune around 22hz but I think with the sa8v2 that might be asking a little to much. I will be building two of these if I do it also might be a helpful piece of info.

I have an SA8v2 for sale. PM me if interested.

Use a 10" passive radiator, and change the moving mass until you are happy with the sound.

Good luck!

I tend to like a bit more of a boomy sub so it should be a fun project but port nose drives me crazy and sealed boxes are just to easy so I'd like to try some thing new. When the new computer is up and running I'll play around with the box program

I tend to like a bit more of a boomy sub so it should be a fun project but port nose drives me crazy and sealed boxes are just to easy so I'd like to try some thing new. When the new computer is up and running I'll play around with the box program
why not just have a more efficient port with plenty of port area? shouldnt have any port noise if done properly.

You want double the Vd in your passives as you have in your powered drivers. You can do the math there, but one 10" passive won't cut it.

I was thinking two light tens but that's just the thought. But I will do what ever will work the best cost really isn't that important.

I was thinking two light tens but that's just the thought. But I will do what ever will work the best cost really isn't that important.
Would you be willing to go for a 15"? Because I have two 15" Tc sounds VMP Passive radiators for sale brand new never opened.

I also have a custom made box to go with it. Made by Dave the Box guy. Never been used. It's made for 1 15" sub with 2 15" passive radiator holes. Double baffle and flush mount on each side. Roughly 3.5 cu ft air space inside after displacement. Made with high quality Birch wood and sprayed with truck bed liner. Could easily work for home use tuned to 22 hz easily with the weights that are provided inside.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.