Fi Q 18s

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bakesbaked
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Love this things to death just got them in on Tuesday and put them right in the box I kade and hooked it up to my little t1500 and they were absolutely slamming. Sounded great and trying to move some air. Finally got my electrical in and hooked up my saz 3500 and its a little bit louder not much of a change. Operating at around 13.6 volts at the amp. Was wondering if i got a 5 to 7 kW amp. Would they be able to handle it as a daily setup. They're fully loaded in a ported enclosure

I think that 5-7kw is a bit overkill for 2 fi q 18's.. Unless you were to run 4 fi Q's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif *hint hint* lol

That was the original plan... Sadly my pay checks aren't enough to fully fund my addiction for bass. So I settled with half of the system I actually wanted. So the box is already built. But if I were to put 3 qs in there 6 k would be nice. I have the room to put on more 18 in on the box. Or I can just build another box... A lot of work

You're gonna have to settle with one or the other.. because it's already money wasted if you go one route.. If you're set on 4 Q's, then just save up over time.. It'll be worth it in the end.. Either way your current setup is plenty loud for most people and will wow anyone in your local neighborhood. Decisions decisions...

19 cubes. Roughly tuned to 28 hz basically what they recommend. All I have is a 275 amp alt. red too under the hood big three and one xs d31 in the back for now.. Until I feel like getting a second battery. And yes it's loud. But I dontnjust want spl. I want the feeling of the air being pulled from your lungs I just absolutely love it! But that's going to take some work and I've got to move a lot of air. That being said. It's loud I'm metering it tomorrow after noon and I'll post numbers. I can easily put a third 18 in. Or I can just swap out and get 4 15s and have 60 inch of cone area. Compared to the 36 or even 54 inchs from two or three 18s. I just don't have the space on top to mount more 18s. It's 36x46 if I made it an inch and a half longer I could

19 cubes. Roughly tuned to 28 hz basically what they recommend. All I have is a 275 amp alt. red too under the hood big three and one xs d31 in the back for now.. Until I feel like getting a second battery. And yes it's loud. But I dontnjust want spl. I want the feeling of the air being pulled from your lungs I just absolutely love it! But that's going to take some work and I've got to move a lot of air. That being said. It's loud I'm metering it tomorrow after noon and I'll post numbers. I can easily put a third 18 in. Or I can just swap out and get 4 15s and have 60 inch of cone area. Compared to the 36 or even 54 inchs from two or three 18s. I just don't have the space on top to mount more 18s. It's 36x46 if I made it an inch and a half longer I could
C0ne area doesn't work like that, 4 15s would be 706 sq in of cone area, 3 18s have 763 sq in. Pi x r^2 = cone area.

Colleyville Bedford area! Got it metered today and only got a 147.5... Disapointing to me but I need to move the box further up and leave more room for the port. And make some few minor adjustments and aim for 150s at the least.

Colleyville Bedford area! Got it metered today and only got a 147.5... Disapointing to me but I need to move the box further up and leave more room for the port. And make some few minor adjustments and aim for 150s at the least.
147.5 is pretty good but yea it could be better... It's mostly because you tuned it too low.. 28hz is good for low music and makes the frequency response more flatter.. but the Fi Q suffers alot on the higher notes once you tune it that low.. I remember tuning my box to 28hz and the lows were amazing but everything else was lacking.. If you were to tune higher, you'll already see bigger numbers and might even sound better. My favorite is 30 hz on the Fi Q from my experience but I think you'll get better numbers once you go 32 hz or higher. You're gonna have to sacrifice alittle sq to get louder.. If you're still not happy then need to add more cone area. Which way are the subs facing? Rear, forward? If you wanna fit more subs in the future, try facing them them all up and port rear..It'll save you space.. Or just build a custom wall with your 2 18's and you won't be dissapointed.

I just saw your tahoe build pictures.. Yea looks like you won't be able to fit 4 fi Q's.. 3 might even be overcrowded too.. You should be happy with what you got.. The blue LED's look sick.. Are you trying to compete? If you can only fit 2 18's and you wanna get louder.. then think about getting some higher powered 18's like the Tantric HDD or the high end DD subs if you can afford it. Then move up to 5-7kw like you were saying..

I just saw your tahoe build pictures.. Yea looks like you won't be able to fit 4 fi Q's.. 3 might even be overcrowded too.. You should be happy with what you got.. The blue LED's look sick.. Are you trying to compete? If you can only fit 2 18's and you wanna get louder.. then think about getting some higher powered 18's like the Tantric HDD or the high end DD subs if you can afford it. Then move up to 5-7kw like you were saying..
Yes Im trying to compete a little bit. But I really want a 155 on music... That's my ultimate goal. And I figured just

Live with what I got for now and upgrade. And are the dd under rated aswell? Like the 9918s. Would love to get the z series but they are just to exspensive for my blood.

147.5 is pretty good but yea it could be better... It's mostly because you tuned it too low.. 28hz is good for low music and makes the frequency response more flatter.. but the Fi Q suffers alot on the higher notes once you tune it that low.. I remember tuning my box to 28hz and the lows were amazing but everything else was lacking.. If you were to tune higher, you'll already see bigger numbers and might even sound better. My favorite is 30 hz on the Fi Q from my experience but I think you'll get better numbers once you go 32 hz or higher. You're gonna have to sacrifice alittle sq to get louder.. If you're still not happy then need to add more cone area. Which way are the subs facing? Rear, forward? If you wanna fit more subs in the future, try facing them them all up and port rear..It'll save you space.. Or just build a custom wall with your 2 18's and you won't be dissapointed.
A wall wouldn't work in this set up. At least not for my tastes. But both subs are facing up port in the rear. Cut the box down by 6 inch and brought to volume to 15.73 cubic feet. Along with a higher tunning of 30hz. Already louder. Now I'm dealing with box rise.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.