RyanM923's Dual Reflex 6th Order BP build...whew.

From my experiences, it usually doesn't work out too well to have short ports. Longer (while keeping the tuning high) usually equals louder. Curious to see what this thing does though.

From my experiences, it usually doesn't work out too well to have short ports. Longer (while keeping the tuning high) usually equals louder. Curious to see what this thing does though.
I thought about that too, but since the box is being tuned so high, I already had to make the ports very large. In order to have them, say, 15 inches long...they'd be nearly 6" wider and as a result take up a lot more space as well. I was just wanting to work with a 49" wide design(since 4x8 sheets of MDF are 49" wide) in order to make the build easier.

That's awesome! I would love to know how that sounds! Get some videos soon!
Well I'm still waiting for my truck to get out of the shop...I have no idea when it will be ready.

all done...not too shabby looking.

Finished002.jpg

Finished001.jpg

well, I got my truck back today and got it all installed...

installed001.jpg

What a freaking disappointment...I've never been more frustrated in my life. It's probably doing a 145 around the 47-48hz area. I'm thinking my rear chamber is tuned too low, and is amking it pretty loud over a fair amount of frequencies(doesn't drop off sharp like it should). What could I do to raise the tuning of that rear chamber? Shave the port down? Add some 2x4's to the inside?

installed001.jpg

What a freaking disappointment...I've never been more frustrated in my life. It's probably doing a 145 around the 47-48hz area. I'm thinking my rear chamber is tuned too low, and is amking it pretty loud over a fair amount of frequencies(doesn't drop off sharp like it should). What couple I do to lower the tuning of that rear chamber? Shave the port down? Add some 2x4's to the inside?
you mean raise the tuning... and id try to cut the port down before i tried adding volume to the box

P.S. bandpasses are a bish to design //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

you mean raise the tuning... and id try to cut the port down before i tried adding volume to the box

P.S. bandpasses are a bish to design //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
Yeah, I meant raise...edited it.

I'll probably try cutting the port down first, but I'm having a hard time thinking of an easy way to do it....anyone have suggestions?

What a freaking disappointment...I've never been more frustrated in my life. It's probably doing a 145 around the 47-48hz area. I'm thinking my rear chamber is tuned too low, and is amking it pretty loud over a fair amount of frequencies(doesn't drop off sharp like it should). What could I do to raise the tuning of that rear chamber? Shave the port down? Add some 2x4's to the inside?
cut some of the rear port..about 4inches and that should raise ur freq a great deal

and should bring u closer to ur goal

be4 u start cutting turn the phase on the amp to 180 and see how that works

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.