RyanM923's Dual Reflex 6th Order BP build...whew.

RAM_Designs
5,000+ posts

SketchUp Master
Rockwall, TX
As some of you may have seen on here before, I've been meaning to make this box for my 21" Autotek sub for a while...here's the plan:

measurements.png

Front chamber is 3.5ft^3 tuned to 57hz, rear chamber is 5ft^3 tuned to 50hz. I'm hoping to do a 155+ on the TL, outlaw style, after I'm done with this thing...oh yeah, and just being powered by a Sundown 1500D. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I'm currently sitting at a 150.2 with a plain ol' ported box.

Anyways, I finally got started cutting and the beginning assembly stage today after work. All the cuts are done(and shown in bad lighting too!).

day1001.jpg

Speaker will be mounted to this, obviously...

day1002.jpg

Stuff is starting to come together a little bit now...

day1003.jpg

Got the speaker baffle on.

day1004.jpg

A little inside shot, awaiting some 45's...

day1005.jpg

12" wide ports FTW?

day1006.jpg

All I need to do is get the front chamber assembled, slap on the side that'll cover that gaping hole the pictures were taken through, and I'll be done. Unfortunately I have to wait until my truck gets out of the shop so that I can load the sub in the box before contructing the front chamber...hope this works because it'll be a pain getting that sub out.

Good job!
Thanks John, when will you be at a TBP event? Anytime soon?

Nice build up man, I've always wanted to do a 6th order. I'm guessing your box is geared more towards SPL.
Yes, definitely for spl...this thing will not be able to play music, hopefully //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

help me build my 4th order ryan
Send me a PM with exactly what you need done and the details(vehicle, sub(s) and size, link to some t/s parameters, and max dimensions), and I can help you out tomorrow night when I get home from work.

More progress...I actually drove down to the Dodge dealership and got the sub so I could continue with the build...that's dedication right there. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Got the sub mounted so I can assemble the rest of the box.

Day2001.jpg

Day2002.jpg

Waiting for it to dry completely...

Day2003.jpg

All I need to do now is slap on the last piece and router the holes for the ports...and roundover all the edges. I might actually cover this one instead of leaving it bare MDF. I was thinking some bedliner perhaps?

bedliner looks nice and protects it. It also looks sweet with glass black ports
I just want to keep the edges/corners from chipping since I'll probably be moving this around a lot...bedliner looks alright too. Nothing fancy but looks cleaner than bare MDF. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

are you sure thats a 6th order bp

looks nothing like all the others, don't 6th orders have front chamber ported into the rear chamber or vice versa

otherwise nice build, and use of tile

are you sure thats a 6th order bp
looks nothing like all the others, don't 6th orders have front chamber ported into the rear chamber or vice versa

otherwise nice build, and use of tile
There's different kinds of 6th order bandpass boxes...this is considered a dual-reflex 6th order bandpass.

Here's a quick little page on different kinds of 6th and 8th order bandpass boxes...some of the 8th order names get confusing: http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxes6.asp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.