Rva 600.1 issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

White f3fity

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ny
So i have to kicker comp c 10s and to kicker comp 10s ran to separate amps but one is a boss 1500 and the other is a rva 600.1 and the rva barely produces sound out of both pairs of subs and i cant figure out why. But the boss 1500 will shake the truck there are almost the same wattage and both are plenty to run the subs i just cant get the rva to make a lot of sound. I am also very new to car audio this being my first setup

If it is the BOOSS amp I think it is, it’s RMS output at 14.4v is around 350 watts, max. (30A Fuse x 14.4 volts x.80) provided it is actually running at 80% efficiency. Assuming the RV 600.1 is running at the same efficiency, they are both putting out around 300-350 watts of power.

Now, to isolate the issue, first, check the amplifier fuse. Then, mark the BOSS amps RCA’s with a piece of tape. Remove them and the ones in the Rockville amp. Since we know that the signal is getting to the BOSS and that the amp is working and that sub is getting sound, nothing to see there. Plug the RCA’s from the BOSS amp into the Rockville, test it. If good sound, you have a BAD set of (or single) RCA(s) going to the Rockville. If no sound, you may have a bad amp. Now, plug the RCA’s tape marked RCA’s back into the BOSS amp. Now, disconnect the speaker lead from the sub that yu know works and run them to the other sub, just to confirm that the sub that isn't working is not the issues. This should isolate the issue to the RCA’s the AMP or the Sub.

Last edited:
If it is the BOOSS amp I think it is, it’s RMS output at 14.4v is around 350 watts, max. (30A Fuse x 14.4 volts x.80) provided it is actually running at 80% efficiency. Assuming the RV 600.1 is running at the same efficiency, they are both putting out around 300-350 watts of power.

Now, to isolate the issue, first, check the amplifier fuse. Then, mark the BOSS amps RCA’s with a piece of tape. Remove them and the ones in the Rockville amp. Since we know that the signal is getting to the BOSS and that the amp is working and that sub is getting sound, nothing to see there. Plug the RCA’s from the BOSS amp into the Rockville, test it. If good sound, you have a BAD set of (or single) RCA(s) going to the Rockville. If no sound, you may have a bad amp. Now, plug the RCA’s tape marked RCA’s back into the BOSS amp. Now, disconnect the speaker lead from the sub that yu know works and run them to the other sub, just to confirm that the sub that isn't working is not the issues. This should isolate the issue to the RCA’s the AMP or the Sub.
I already switched the subs between the amps so i know its not those but i will try everything else as soon as i get home

I did all of it but the amp pushes some sound but not enough. The boss amp proudces double the sound on the lower wattage subs.

I did all of it but the amp pushes some sound but not enough. The boss amp proudces double the sound on the lower wattage subs.
Okay, if it is producing some sound, is it clean or distorted or too low to tell? Have you checked the gain to see if it is all the way down? I thought you indicated that you tested both drivers on the BOSS amp, no? The difference in subs is not going to be a factor here (but not sure if that is what you were saying, thought both subs were comp 10’s). If the gain is up and you are only getting a little output, you could have blown fets/transistors. Is the amp under warranty? Are there any wires that may be shorting out the leads, speaker or power, even a tiny strand? Additionally, how are the amps getting there signal? Directly from the HU to the amps, straight RCA low lever full range L/R or Mono outputs or are you using a LOC, converting the HU speaker leads to low level RCA's.

So i have to kicker comp c 10s and to kicker comp 10s ran to separate amps but one is a boss 1500 and the other is a rva 600.1 and the rva barely produces sound out of both pairs of subs and i cant figure out why. But the boss 1500 will shake the truck there are almost the same wattage and both are plenty to run the subs i just cant get the rva to make a lot of sound. I am also very new to car audio this being my first setup
Pay no attention to the (Caxyz2) poser behind the curtain, he knows not what he speaks!

And you (if you’re not a Ai BOT), for the sake of everyone in this forum, may want to quit posting, Your information is consistently off topic and incorrect when on topic. Providing bad info when dealing with some of this can be dangerous and may cause someone to blow something up or start a fire. Just stop.

And you (if you’re not a Ai BOT), for the sake of everyone in this forum, may want to quit posting, Your information is consistently off topic and incorrect when on topic. Providing bad info when dealing with some of this can be dangerous and may cause someone to blow something up or start a fire. Just stop.

Okay, if it is producing some sound, is it clean or distorted or too low to tell? Have you checked the gain to see if it is all the way down? I thought you indicated that you tested both drivers on the BOSS amp, no? The difference in subs is not going to be a factor here (but not sure if that is what you were saying, thought both subs were comp 10’s). If the gain is up and you are only getting a little output, you could have blown fets/transistors. Is the amp under warranty? Are there any wires that may be shorting out the leads, speaker or power, even a tiny strand? Additionally, how are the amps getting there signal? Directly from the HU to the amps, straight RCA low lever full range L/R or Mono outputs or are you using a LOC, converting the HU speaker leads to low level RCA's.
So yes i tested both pairs of subs on the boss and one pair is comp c's and the other is just normal. The signal is straight from the head unit the sound is clear no wires that could be shorting i checked them the amp is all the way up. It is brand new and still under warranty. Im trying to get the company to warranty it at this point ive done alot of research and i just cant get it.

So yes i tested both pairs of subs on the boss and one pair is comp c's and the other is just normal. The signal is straight from the head unit the sound is clear no wires that could be shorting i checked them the amp is all the way up. It is brand new and still under warranty. Im trying to get the company to warranty it at this point ive done alot of research and i just cant get it.
Bummer man, sounds like you got a dud!

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...