Running Dual Amps, what to do about remote cable?

Mugen
10+ year member

Superhero.
Walker, LA
Alright, I have two amps, both are hooked up power wise completely seperate. I have a 4 gauge cable and 8 gauge running from my battery to inside the truck, and then of course a 4 gauge and 8 guage grounds. On the 4 gauge, it's the Hifonics BXi1206D, on the 8 gauge it's the Planet Audio VX602. That's not important though (at least I don't think it is, but posted just in case it's needed).

What's important is I don't know how to run 2 remote cables. I looked behind my HU, but I didn't install it, and have never installed one before. So, how do I use two remote cables? I already have one that goes to my VX602, but like I said, I didn't put that cable in, it was just there. I have all the necessary parts in my 4 gauge kit (got it off millionbuy.com I believe).

there's a remote wire comming out the back of the head unit, the way I did it was run the remote to the trunk from the HU, than cut off 2 pieces at the end and wire/solder it together to u get like a Y cable split. It works for me, some people say u shouldn't do it for more than 3 amps cuse of the current draw, but I dont know I have 3 splits (my sub amp requires 2 remotes) on that one cable and it's been running fine for about a month now.

Wait, can I just put the rem from the HU into the BXi1206D, and then stick another one in the terminal with it, so there'd be two wires screwed into one whatever the things the wire screws into is called? If so, that's easy enough.

I don't know how to solder though, so whatever you were saying up there, eh *airplane flys by*

Yep! you are right. But as they said, do not connect more than 3 amps, or for example, a lightbulb or other "pimp my ride stuff". Why? The remote exit of your HU could be burned. If you want to power a set of lights, an hidraulic suspension, a wide screen TV and a jacuzzi using the remote of your HU, PLEASE use a relay!!

Hehe just kidding. If you need help about hoy to connect the relay, just email me, is very simple.

if ya have a distribution thing there should be a remote turn on wire connection along with the power wire connection, so just run that remote wire from the 2nd amp to the distribution thing and the signal will lead back to the head unit, that's how i had my 2 amps setup back in 2003 and it worked

if ya have a distribution thing there should be a remote turn on wire connection along with the power wire connection, so just run that remote wire from the 2nd amp to the distribution thing and the signal will lead back to the head unit, that's how i had my 2 amps setup back in 2003 and it worked
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

None of my distribution blocks have separate inputs or outputs for a remote turn-on lead???

run the wire from your HU to the hinfonics and about 3 or 4" back from the plug in to the hinfonics strip a 1/4" of insulation from the wire and wrap another wire around it or use what is called a wire splicer from radio shack. and hook that spliced wire to thwe other amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif quick and painless.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.