Running active and rear speakers?

what is your reason for going active? Especially with a set of passive comps...

his drivers are not a passive comp set. the mids and tweets were bought seperate. the tweets are not even offered in a passive comp set. and the mids and tweets are some of the highest end drivers cdt has.

while there are people above who have noted the importance of time alignment, I am sure that they are aware of the mechanical benefits of going active:
When running a passive crossover, the amplifier stage has to push full bandwidth, from low bass to high treble frequencies, and has to push through the resistance of a crossover. With an active setup, the amplifier stage has several octaves less of frequencies to cover and doesn't have to push through a passive crossover network. The result should be much cleaner sound with less overall distortion and probably greater volume capability before the driver starts audibly distorting. From a power perspective, active amplification is absolutely the way to go. Time and phase alignment are also useful, but going active alone without TA is still quite beneficial.
Thank you, that's exactly what I wanted to hear.

As mentioned before, run ALL the mids off one amp. That way you can control the bandpass xover for them. Run the tweeters off another amp, so they have the same HPF.

Or you could do 2ch's for mids and 2ch's for tweeters. You will not have a perfect up front stage, but to many people that doesn't matter...

I had read somewhere that you can run active up front and also run speakers in the rear by using rca splitters on the front RCA outs and running those 4 channels into a 4 channel amp. then run the rear RCA outs >>> a separate amp>>>rear speakers, still leaving the sub RCA out open. Is this totally off? (i'm also new to active, trying to learn) pic attached

bwg7v.jpg'%20alt='bwg7v.jpg'>

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.