Running active and rear speakers?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif Active >>> 1 speaker per channel, now do the math

^^This. Not only that, but you won't have output for rears off the HU. You would need to buy another amp at minimum. You might be able to run that additional amp off your fronts amp via the line out RCA's, but I'm not sure what signal you get out of the line out RCA's on the amp. Not sure if it pulls from one pair of RCA inputs or a total of both.

^^This. Not only that, but you won't have output for rears off the HU. You would need to buy another amp at minimum. You might be able to run that additional amp off your fronts amp via the line out RCA's, but I'm not sure what signal you get out of the line out RCA's on the amp. Not sure if it pulls from one pair of RCA inputs or a total of both.
Yeah, I knew going active means one speaker per channel but I wanted to see if I was still able to use both sets of my cdt components. The only thing that came to mind when using two speakers/tweeters per channel or using two amps was losing the time alignment. Im still new with this.

You can run 50 speakers per channel active if you want....

You won't be able to properly TA with speakers in the rear as their distances will be way diff then the fronts.

he would run the tweeters off REAR and mids off FRONT, doesn't matter where they're located in the vehicle...

he would run the tweeters off REAR and mids off FRONT, doesn't matter where they're located in the vehicle...
I meant the line out RCA's of the amp, not the HU. There's only one set of outs on the amp, so I don't know what frequencies or RCA inputs it pulls from.

Itll be off a pioneer 80prs and a sundown sax-100.4. Id be running active off the radio but I have a question. Would I be able to run active using the rear speakers as well? Would the only thing id be losing out is the time alignment?
thanks
Like others said, do the math. If you want to run active front stage + subwoofer, then the DEH-80PRS does not let you run rear speakers, active or passive. Point. Two sets of 80PRS channels are used as preamp for front tweeter and woofers and one set for subwoofers. Trying to hook up a set of rear speakers to any of the amplifier channels will completely defeat the purpose of using this head unit. If you want to use rear speakers, then you can turn off the active mode, and run front and rear speakers with passive crossovers.

or run the mids front/rear off 2ch's and tweeters front/rear off the other 2ch's.

I run active in both cars and don't use TA and it sounds just fine. Using TA is not a must....

while there are people above who have noted the importance of time alignment, I am sure that they are aware of the mechanical benefits of going active:

When running a passive crossover, the amplifier stage has to push full bandwidth, from low bass to high treble frequencies, and has to push through the resistance of a crossover. With an active setup, the amplifier stage has several octaves less of frequencies to cover and doesn't have to push through a passive crossover network. The result should be much cleaner sound with less overall distortion and probably greater volume capability before the driver starts audibly distorting. From a power perspective, active amplification is absolutely the way to go. Time and phase alignment are also useful, but going active alone without TA is still quite beneficial.

what is your reason for going active? Especially with a set of passive comps...
Well, I ran active on my old pioneer 860mp in my old car. I loved the way it sounded and how much control I had. Ive always had just the front stage and never the rear before. That's why I want to run active again in my newer vehicle. The thing is I have 2 sets of the high end cdt components and wanted to use them all.

But I might just go active with the 1 set in the front and use an extra set of the es-010 tweeters, that way I can still set up the ta.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.