Best 8" midbass around under $50 each

after reading a little bit, im getting more confused on which are mid bass and which are mid range lol. I am not looking for any SQ i just want loud voice to keep up with the bass i have it might be the pro audio that i am looking for, and correct me if im wrong the sensitivity factor the higher the db the less wattage you can put and gets louder right?

i am getting some tweeters to match with these 8" to handle the higher frequencies

after reading a little bit, im getting more confused on which are mid bass and which are mid range lol. I am not looking for any SQ i just want loud voice to keep up with the bass i have it might be the pro audio that i am looking for, and correct me if im wrong the sensitivity factor the higher the db the less wattage you can put and gets louder right?
i am getting some tweeters to match with these 8" to handle the higher frequencies
You should really give the details of your setup, such as the number of speaker used, and the frequencies covered by each speaker, as the name "midbass" alone doesn't give much information. My view is that a "midbass speaker" is primarily meant to play midbass frequencies, somewhere in the 50-300Hz region, which is not consistent with your desire to hear louder vocals, which is really more of a midrange region. If you do care more about midrange clarity, I do wonder why you need an 8 inch speaker. The bigger is the speakers diameter, the less it is usable as midrange due to beaming and breakup. In a 3-way front stage, 3 to 5 inch mid-range is ideal. In a 2-way setup, 7 inch is the biggest you want to use. 8 inch is almost unusable in a 2-way front stage.

If you want LOUD to keep up with a loud substage then those daytons aren't the way to go. I've heard several set ups with them, very good SQ if tuned properly, but they are not a PA type speaker by any means.

I've run the 8" seleniums in several set ups and they get very loud, sound good, and have solid punch. But no they won't play down to 60Hz, but I don't think that's what you're looking for...

You should really give the details of your setup, such as the number of speaker used, and the frequencies covered by each speaker, as the name "midbass" alone doesn't give much information. My view is that a "midbass speaker" is primarily meant to play midbass frequencies, somewhere in the 50-300Hz region, which is not consistent with your desire to hear louder vocals, which is really more of a midrange region. If you do care more about midrange clarity, I do wonder why you need an 8 inch speaker. The bigger is the speakers diameter, the less it is usable as midrange due to beaming and breakup. In a 3-way front stage, 3 to 5 inch mid-range is ideal. In a 2-way setup, 7 inch is the biggest you want to use. 8 inch is almost unusable in a 2-way front stage.
let me try to answer some of your question and thank you for posting

suv is a mazda cx-9

my front door takes 8 inches and rear door takes 6.5, i can replace the 6.5 with an 8 inch.

i bought all my stuff before without asking anybody

im planning to do 4 8" powered by 125-145watts per channel @ 4ohm (which I will buy)

my current amp which is 75watts x4 @ 4ohm will be used for tweeters

I have 2 vvx15 skar sub powered by 1700.1 amp.

my head unit is pioneer avic 120bt

please let me know if there's anything else you need to know.

my head unit i have crossed at hph 100 and lpf 63

my amp also has crossovers

brz 1700.1d and rockford pbr 300x4

can you tell i need help lol

Part of the confusion is car audio calls certain ranges of frequencies one thing while you can find different definitions of bass, upper bass, midrange, and so on if you look in a different reference. It's not that PA midbass speakers aren't "real" midbass drivers, it's a confusion brought about by the industry deciding to do things differently.

If you want LOUD to keep up with a loud substage then those daytons aren't the way to go. I've heard several set ups with them, very good SQ if tuned properly, but they are not a PA type speaker by any means.
I've run the 8" seleniums in several set ups and they get very loud, sound good, and have solid punch. But no they won't play down to 60Hz, but I don't think that's what you're looking for...
i actually got that from a different forum that the dayton sounds nice but will not get loud. i will also look at those seleniums thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.