Running 2 speakers parallel on a mono amp helpp

Participant count
  • Participant list

Marz57

CarAudio.com Newbie
I'm trying to connect 2 kenwood full range speakers (8 ohms, 140 watts each) to a 1100 watt boss mono amp (2-4 ohms rating I believe) . I successfully added one speaker, it sounded crystal clear, amazing sound quality. I added the second one this evening, and the sound quality is still good, but not as clear. The amp is only turned up like 1/3, any higher and the bass completely over powers the front speakers and I'm trying to keep it relatively balanced 🤣

Anyway, I have it wired as a positive running from each speaker to the positive on the amp, twisting the ends together at the amp positive. Same with negative. Using 16 gauge wire. My questions are, what is my total impedance load on the amp? 16? Or 4? And if I run a single positive from speaker A to the amp, same on negative, and then run a wire from speaker A to speaker B, will I get a better sound quality or wtf? I've never done anything like this before so just making sure everything is in order. Thanks in advance.
Edit, also; there is a very slight distortion/fuzzy sound now, barely noticeable but it wasn't there with the single speaker.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.