Rough dimensions of Silverado?

Right now Im thinking:

2 Kicker Solo Classic 12s

1 Kicker ZX1000.1

4 Kicker KS6502 6.5" component sets

1 Kicker ZX650.4

1 Kicker PKD1 Dual Amp Kit

2 Optima Yellow Tops

Ive never personally ran Kicker equipment, but have always been a huge fan of it. I think this would sound great and be a killer daily system. I could get all the Kicker equipment for around $1600 online, but I can probably get it cheaper locally through some hookups.

Yay? Nay?

Cool, Im going to look at some trucks over the weekend. I just wanna get one and get started on it.
I could make it loud... 2 6.5s in each door pod, a 6.5 in each A pillar, and a 6.5 in each kick. Would just need a big 4 channel like a Kicker ZX650.4.
6.5 in the a-pillar is stupid.

For an ext cab:

To the very edge of the seat, it IS

56" wide 13 1/2" front to back, front top to bottom 9", rear top to bottom 7". The tranny hump is 4" tall, I can't remember if it's 16" or 18" wide.

I'd have to go measure a std cab and a crew cab. My dad has a std, and my brother has a crew cab.

I have built 7 boxes for my truck alone, an ext cab, so I'm very familiar w/the dimensions. I raised my rear seat up 2". Click the link in my sig. My truck is the "No Limits" and my brothers is the "Sierra-usly".

Not to sound boisterous, but I can tell you what will and wont work in all 3 types of cabs. Let me know if you need any help.

Awesome, this is the kind of info Im looking for. Ill check it all over when I get a chance.

What would you suggest for a good low end? I dont need anything rediculous, but keep in mind that Im coming from 24 15s and still like my boom.

Why? I couldnt run 3 sets, so it would need to be 2 or 4.
8 speakers > 4 speakers.
Well your not going to have enough volume for a 6.5 in an a pillar pod unless you make some huge ass ones, then if you do make ones the proper size in a silverado you probably wont be able to see to your left or right. Maybe you should try buying one set of good speakers first and see how you like that instead of buying a bunch of cheap sets and trying to cram them in every space available.

But I just always cram alot of stuff into a tiny space. Thats just what I do. Im just afraid that it wont be as loud as I want... Im coming from a daily van with 24 15s and 32 highs.

Well I have thought about it and Im sending money to xbdrx for a DLS A5. Should be a sweet ass amp to run a nice system. Ive always wanted to try one of the more exotic companies such as DLS, Morel, Image Dynamics, Audison, Dynaudio, Zapco, etc.

Will be an awesome amp to run 2 comp sets and 2 10" subs.

Well I have thought about it and Im sending money to xbdrx for a DLS A5. Should be a sweet ass amp to run a nice system. Ive always wanted to try one of the more exotic companies such as DLS, Morel, Image Dynamics, Audison, Dynaudio, Zapco, etc.

But I just always cram alot of stuff into a tiny space. Thats just what I do. Im just afraid that it wont be as loud as I want... Im coming from a daily van with 24 15s and 32 highs.

Well its not like your driving around with your stereo full blast all the time, like my dynaudios get loud when I want them too, but I don't always have the volume cranked.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.