rockford or kicker

iceteebone
5,000+ posts

Banned
Michigan
which sub would be better for sq and spl: 12" rockford hx2 or the kicker vr12. i'll be pushing them with a rockford 1001 bd amp. i would run both subs in series, the hx2's have dual four ohm coils and the kicker has dual 2 ohm coils and i'm not sure but i think the hx2's would run at a 4 ohm load and the kicker at a 2ohm so the kicker would get more watts rms but i'm not sure if that's correct or not. please let me know if i was correct or not figuring out the ohms and which setup you think would be best.

HX2 12" is gonna be louded. It holds more power, its Xmax is greater, it has more volume.

Both subs come in either Dual 4 or Dual 2 Ohm models. So your wiring configurations shouldn't be a problem. UNLESS, you are getting the Power HX2, which is only Dual 2 Ohm.

A more direct comparison would be the Solo Baric L5 12" and the Punch HX2.

i was looking at the punch hx2 and i was thinking if i wire it in parallel it would be a 1 ohm load and my amp isn't stable to 1 ohm. my amp puts out 500x1 rms at 4 ohms and 1000x1 at 2 ohms so how can i wire the 2 hx2's to get the 1000 watts going to them?

i was looking at the punch hx2 and i was thinking if i wire it in parallel it would be a 1 ohm load and my amp isn't stable to 1 ohm. my amp puts out 500x1 rms at 4 ohms and 1000x1 at 2 ohms so how can i wire the 2 hx2's to get the 1000 watts going to them?

Ooooooooooh Okay. WELL, that pretty much only leaves you to get the pair of dual 2 ohm CompVR's...or you could get a single HX2 15", and wire it in parallel to 2 ohms and drive that 1000w str8 through that HX2 15"...that would be very satisfying. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i was looking to get 2 12's cause i already have a box for them. i was wondering if anybody had any kicker subs if they sounded pretty good or not

I like CompVR's. I had a set of the 10"s from 2001, and I loved them. I was overpowering mine by about 250 watts for the pair and they never clipped, blew, smoked, nothing. They took every bit.

I've only had experience with the 15" on the new style CompVR's...I like them. The CompVR is a great sub for the price. Hell you can get a pair of 12"s off ebay for 150.

i'm probably gonna go with comp vr12 cause they seem to be the best value since i don't have a big budget unless anybody has any other suggestions. i also have another question, its might seem stupid but i just wanted to know how people measure the spl in their car?

for 1 fosgate rocks. k-cvr's dont compare to even the he2's go with punch or power hx2s i know because i had kicker cvrs and they dont even compare to what i have now which is 2 punch hx2s and they rock man i wouldnt have it any other way. ebay 98 dollars for 1 punch hx2 209 dollars for a power hx2 and they rock 12's are the best no bigger no smaller great sq and spl.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.