Rockford Fosgate T1 Components.

Participant count
  • Participant list
Found a set of 6.5 components and 6X8 rears for what looks like a great price.

The Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 for 170 and the 6x8 for 100.

I've never heard the Fosgate power door speakers before, are they good? or is there better speakers out there for that price? The rest of the system I'm working out looks perfect, but door speakers have become the most difficult part for me.

Find a local audio place that you can demo speakers... its what you like.

IMO they get loud, not the best sound quality but decent and loud. You have an amp for them?

I'm going to be using the Alpine PDX-5 4 channel amp for whatever set up I get. I just know the Rockford name by reputation and the prices on these speakers are very good. Though SQ is a big deal to me.

I'm familiar with the KS series by kicker, and I've never been all that impressed. The T1 series from Rockford would be more comparable to the RS series from Kicker wouldn't they? By the retail price comparison, that would appear to be the case. I've also always been under the impression that Rockford in general was better then Kicker.

Never heard of Hybrid Audio, but the reviews on the link you sent me to peaks my interest. The fact they compare them to Hertz and Morel is something of note. I've heard a lot about those two companies, but anything worthwhile from them is out of my price range. 200 is rather do-able though. There is also the Alpine Type X comps for about the same price, only heard the Type R's before, and I rather liked those.

The Imagine set will make the rf set sound like poo lol. I listed the kickers cause they are the best option while staying in the same total coat for both sets. There are definitely better options if you want to spend more

I personally have two sets of the 6x8's for all four doors of escape and they do get loud as hell. They are currently running off of my headunit at about 35 watts each and do get distorted above about 75% power (which is about the same as my tolerance for how loud they get). They are great speakers for the price and I do believe they will sound a ton better when I amp them to their full potential.

i've had the power series comps and they sound amazing, but they are power goblins. i had a t400-2 feeding the set and anything less didn't sound good on them. It is worth the price, but i personally wouldn't pay it

Huh... well, a local shop does carry the Hybrids, so I think I shall demo these. The price is right, and the explanation helped to sell me. Thank you sir.

Now for a set of 6x8's for no more then 150?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.