Rockford Fosgate Issues

Brooklynchild07
10+ year member

What's up? I currently have two Rockford Fosgate Punch Z 10" (model RFZ3410 [150 rms, 400 peak]) subs that I got for like $98 together at Best Buy at the beginning of Feburary. Well, I just looked online on circuit city and they have a deal for Sony 10" P5's for $37.49 a piece(model XSL101P5 [supposedly 300 rms, 1100 peak]). I was thinking about taking the Rockfords back, saving about $15, and getting the Sony's (also hopefully getting a better sub, especially since they are regularly priced at $89.00 a piece). I was wondering if the Sony subs are a better buy? (are they better than the Rockfords that i currently have?) I only have about a 5 days before I can get a full refund on the Rockfords. I would appreciate some feed back. I need a solution quick!

i had the sony 12 inch P5s and they werent good at all but my friend has the 10s and they sound pretty good, but i like rockford fosgate alot better so id stay with rockford fosgates, theyll last alot longer

I cant justify buying either sub.But def stay away from sony and stick with the rfs.(i still cant believe i just said that)Next time dont go to best buy for ur car stereo stuff.

I think that I am going to take the RF's back and get the Sony's. I have heard some good reviews about the Sony's and I will save $15 for hopefully a better sub. I just want a little bump in my trunk, nah mean? It's just a little something thats budget for my first sub setup. I currently have a 1.5 cubic feet sealed enclosure. I was think about setting up the Sony's in that enclosure. What do you all think? Should I go with the sealed or spend a little more for a Ported? Is it possible to make a ported out of a sealed? I am probably going to get a rockford fosgate 600 watts amp to go with them. let me know what you guys think. thanks!

dont do it, i did the same thing, and i was very dissapointed with the contrast, like was preveiously stated, go get you refund, then get something else entirely, like jl or a least something rather than sony, lol

dont do it, i did the same thing, and i was very dissapointed with the contrast, like was preveiously stated, go get you refund, then get something else entirely, like jl or a least something rather than sony, lol
Unless you want to hassle with warranty stuff after every time you blow them, buy something else, even if you have to go on Ebay, for your price range i would suggest JL w0 or fosgate he2 or better yet the hx2.

If they blow, oh well, but i truly doubt it. I bet I could blow them too if i gave 1000 watts to a 300 watt rms sub. but if it were to happen, thats what a warranty is for. They don't have them for nothing. I mean, the so-called guru's here are probably either rich or sponsered. I don't have a lot of money and I am not sponsored so I have to get what I can afford. And I'm pretty sure all of their subs have blown on them as well. You people have to realize that Sony is not in the car audio business for nothing. They have to be doing something right. And all you people with your off brand garbage like, shiva's and stuff, you keep your sub watch it blow, the utter trash.

Listen man people r just trying to help u out.Sony and rockford arent that great.Thats the point were trying to get across.take it how u want it.

Yeah, I currently have a Pioneer deck, 2 Pioneer 10's @ 400w a piece, and Sony Xplod amp that is only 444w. I love Pioneer and I'm becoming increasingly fond of Sony products. My system isn't he most elborate thing but it has held its own against "High Priced" systems. Some of you guys have called Sony and Fosgates trash because they are budget components. But you guys have to be CRAZY!!! I've had my set-up for a while and haven't experienced any problems what so ever. Brooklynchild is right when he says everone doesn't have thousands of dollars to spend on a car audio system that is only going to get stolen in a week (even with a pricey alarm). People want to talk about wasting money. I consider spending close to a thousand dollars for one sub as a COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY!!!! Brands like Sony, Pioneer, and Fosgate have been around for as long as I can remember and have always made quality products. If their products are so bad people wouldn't buy them. Its not like we are talking about Pyramid, Road Gear, or Duals here. My Pioneers Subs have been to hell and back and still out due most new, higher priced subs. I would say to stay in your budget and get whatever makes you happy. Anyone sub will blow if you give it to much power.

First off on buisness Sony DO NOT BUY !!! some guys are satisfied with them , but if you listen to most of us abotu sony it will save you in the end. Rockford makes some decent stuff but mostly its their higher end models. I suggest you go check out a pair of Alpine Type - E 10's u can prolly get them for liek $50 a peice or maybe these kickers from ike for $49 a peice http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/655 they might do the trick aswell. Not all of us have $$$$ to spend lol i try to get great stuff for cheap that why i take my time and see whats best for the $$$ anyway GL to ya.

Sony's not even in the same league as RF. How dare somebody compare the two. And DJ Fury you must have a real gripe with RF because their high end stuff is very good some of the best out their for spl.

If they blow, oh well, but i truly doubt it. I bet I could blow them too if i gave 1000 watts to a 300 watt rms sub. but if it were to happen, thats what a warranty is for. They don't have them for nothing. I mean, the so-called guru's here are probably either rich or sponsered. I don't have a lot of money and I am not sponsored so I have to get what I can afford. And I'm pretty sure all of their subs have blown on them as well. You people have to realize that Sony is not in the car audio business for nothing. They have to be doing something right. And all you people with your off brand garbage like, shiva's and stuff, you keep your sub watch it blow, the utter trash.
To you and the other guy with pioneer components. I never said he should absouletly NOT buy Sony or Rockford, but my system kicks ass with all Premium components and i probably spent less or the same as anyone here on ALL of my 148 DB parts.even the guy with the pioneer setup.....

What im trying to say is there is a difference betweek being rich and being intelligent. Simple as this. If you spend $50 more now for better quality. Thats $100 you'll save in a year to replace everything. Wether its because something blew or because you want it louder. Does anyone not agree with that?

P.S. What i meant about the warranty is its such a pain in the ass to unwire everything in a sub box, plus some places wont even warranty a sub that has been overpowered or hooked up wrong. + most cheap subs WILL NOT handle either of those instances.

Im sure RFs higher end stuff is fine for spl but these sony vs rf posts are mainly talking about the lower end stuff.I dont ever knock anyones stuff i just simply say what i wouldnt buy.But thats just my personal preference.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.